1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Elites Swedish Ensign

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola guys!

Here is Elites 54mm Ensign figure by Mike Blank almost done. The figure is basically done, "just" need to paint the flag, hat and sword. Let me know what you think!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Oups!!!

Noticed I forgot to paint the straps on the legs ! What would I do without pictures to refresh my memory!
  3. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Anders,

the light/shadow painting on this one is already better then the Indian, but I feel it might be pushed a little further. You probably know what I mean from our chats.

Best wishes,

Gino
  4. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hi Anders!

I agree with Gino that it could use a little more contrast between the basecolour, shadows and highlights. Its a matter of taste though.

I have this one in me grey army too. Im planning to do him as a officer of the "Upplands Regemente" at Narva.
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys!

I like contrast too, but I don't like it just popping out at ya, like black and then white. Especially not on dark colors like this. It needs to gradually build up, and I know I could bring it out more, but Im happy with the results, especially on this one, so I wasnt going to push it any further.

Thanks for your comments :)
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, It's a great figure and I have to agree with the others. There are some great folds and drapery there, more contrast between your darks and lights would make the figure "sing" if you will.~Gary