1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Elite's Old Celt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys!

Here is one of my favourite figures, it is just such a beautiful piece. Although it is more like a 1/35th scale figure in size, the detail is fantastic.

I havent painted a '54' in a long time now, and while I am not 100% pleased with how this one has turned out so far, I am still happy with the results (except the eyes) and will just work harder on the next one! The eyes needs a redoing and I will paint them again this evening. It is kind of a hard switch to do a small 54mm after you have done several 200mm busts but it was a whole lot of fun so far and for once I get to paint more then just a torso and head!

He was painted in vallejos and he is still in progress.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Brad S Member

Anders

Looking great so far. I also have this figure, and plan on starting it real soon. Will be watching your progress. I like the flesh tones. Will you add more shadows or keep it fairly subtle? Any design on the pants?

Brad Spelts
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Brad,

Man it is a gorgeous figure isnt it? I was really shocked when I saw it in the flesh, much better then I though it would be!

As for the contrast, I think I will leave the skin be the way it is, if not, knowing me, I would only screw everything up, although I really would like some more contrast on him. Since I suck at 54's I am just gonna play it safe and be a chicken!

About a design on the pants, I have been thinking about it, any suggestions guys? Pattern? Color?
  4. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    An excellent start Anders!

An observation is that his nipples look a bit tiny! ;) but then again we're all different. Other than that, looking good!

Keep it coming
  5. Manfred Active Member

Anders great job so far.

I'm impressed by your workmanship, rapidity and by the smooth acrylic technique of yours.

This is a very good figure, I still have it unpainted because I want to do it really good.
    You're right about the size, he would look splendid in say 70mm.
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks great Anders.......for some ideas visit Elite's gallery on their website. They show several color combinations there.
  7. jaime Member

Spain
    I will send you an e-mail I hope can help you

Jaime

Anders I can't find your e-mail. I have used the PM.
  8. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Anders,
    Great start, I have this figure which IMO is a true classic

Frank
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders, that is indeed, a beautiful figure.Good start, I know you will do a good job ,I will be following your step by step.

Cheers,

Roc. :)
  10. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi amigo.
    You're the fastest painter I know :lol: :lol:
    Keep it up,It's coming along very nicely
    cheers
    jaume
  11. rdclaeps New Member

Hey Anders,

I know what you mean about reducing scales. Going from 200mm busts to that 75mm German kicked my butt. Roger
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

This one really didnt take long to paint at all, just two colors so far and maybe 3-4 hours of painting :)

I will work on him some more and I think I might add some ochre vertical stripes to the pants, we will see what gets done tonight...have a psychology test tomorrow!

Jaime,

Thanks for the pics, some awesome stuff there, just wish mine looked half as good as the 'worst' one of the ones you showed me.

Rob,

I like small nipples...:lol:
  13. jaime Member

Spain
    I am sure you will do an excellent work on it.

Hasta luego

Jaime
  14. jitch0t Member

Spain
    That deserves a big big LOL! :lol:

You know i love that painting, now i've fallen in love with this celt and i need to get it.

Those Latorre figs are way smaller than a normal 54mm and the eyes are hard to paint buy i like how you did them. Now show us that pattern for the trousers ;)
  15. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Dani!

:lol:

Yes, you need this figure! It is gorgeous! In comparison to Latorres Crimean War guy in Great Coat from his own line, the celt is shorter then the crimean war guy without his head! Quite a stunning difference but it is probably more to scale then anything.

I opted not to paint a pattern on him, I think I will paint another one of these before too long and then I can plan for a pattern from the start.
  16. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Hey Anders,

Lookin' good, so far. I look forward to seeing him when he's finished. I remember Guy posted his version of this one a while back & at that time, I thought all that pulchritude was pretty daunting for someone with my skill level. I just might try to tackle this one, or one like him b4 too long. You've done real well blending the acrylics. Have you ever posted your flesh technique anywhere?

Mike