1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Elite MIniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    You know, I've tried to stay pretty calm because frankly I thought the point I made was that you can do whatever you like and the rest of us can do whatever we like and we're both happy. I didn't try to attack anyone or take "sides".

I also said the figure was nice looking-which it is, whether you think the feather should be a pigeon feather or a cock feather I really don't care. It's my hobby.

I suggested a few different posting options in order to avoid these battles, which frankly you have taken to the point of the extreme.

I did not disagree with anything you, Einion, or Gary said about accuracy. What I did say is we need to calm down, not be so defensive, "take a step back" to quote Patrick and realize that this is a hobby-nothing more.

You on the other hand decided that we were piling up on you and have gone on these postings and said that your "side" must be respected. Respect is somthing you EARN, not something you deserve .

This is a hobby and we all take from it what we wish. If youwant to research the type of canvas used as an undergarment you are free to do so, if you want to post that here, thank you maybe we could use it.

What I am sick of, is the "accuracy camp" not just presenting ideas or information as people like Gary do for example, but they WAY in which it is presented; "The overcoat is all wrong, in that period it should have been Prussian blue. THe Garters are too white" whatever, but the information is presented as a major criticism, not even critique, but criticism of another man's work. TO me, that is innapproriate.
    As for claiming "historical accuracy" again, it's their figure. They can call it Mickey Mouse if they like. It's not your place to tell them they can't.

So enough already. Let's move on and enjoy what we do without the constant bickering about who is wrong or right-look at my post- read it carefully-I said neither was right or wrong. Si lo queires in Espanol lo escribo en Espanol.

And BTW I am right here, I don't think the membership needs to be told "what Lou said". THey can read my comments on their own.

Regards!

PS-I wrote this to NOT be inflammatory and considering what I am responding to I expect it not be deleted please.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.