1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Elite Miniatures Alatriste 70mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Andrew Craft, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi all,
    I just finished this one today. A few touch ups to do here and there after I put it on a wooden base (lovely white metal figures :( ). I think the weathering on the cape may be a little harsh and I may tone it down a bit but overall it's done.
    As always it's all in acrylics, feel free to comment or critique honestly.

Thanks for looking in,
    Andrew

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349108726.116188.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349108742.697491.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349108766.091709.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349108787.614113.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349108804.472915.jpg
    Aveleira likes this.
  2. -=König=- Active Member

Hi Andrew.
    Here the criticism is inappropriate. Painting at high level.
    My congratulations!
  3. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi!

Very well done!! I think that this figure needs some skill in his painting beacause is very dark, but to avoid getting dull some nice painting details are needed.
    I think you've done a nice job.

Regards
    Pedro
  4. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thank you Peter and Pedro
  5. arxo Active Member

Greece
    You did a stunning job. The leathers and the dark color scheme is perfect. Will you please share your colors with us? I have this figure in my wbench for the future and yours will be a great help/guide/reference...
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Lovely work Andrew.
    As far as the weathering of the cape goes perhaps if you darken the bottom and/or lighten the top to look like wet and dried mud it might soften the appearance a little.

Roger.
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent finish Andrew.
    Carl.(y)
  9. Mark S Guest

Lovely work, Andrew. Well done.
  10. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nicely done using a subdued palette. In my opinion the weathering on the cloak is fine on the photos but might look different in the flesh
  11. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Great paint job.
    Cheers
    Jim
  12. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm quite happy with how it turned out, it's not my preferred scale.

Arxo, the leathers were just a combination of dark browns and golden blonde tones occasionally a bit of a red or orange thrown in but not much. I used the same colours for the boots and pants just in different ratios. Sorry I can't be more specific but I never write down my mixes, I prefer to just play around till I'm happy with the colours.

Andrew.
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good paintwork on this figure.
    Like the dark clothing. It does justice to the figure.
    And indeed the weathering should somewhat downtoning

Marc