1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Elite highlander started

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jim Hockett, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Jim Hockett Member

Just started on this figure. Hope I can do justice to the excellent sculpting and casting. Let me know what you think so far.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Jim

PS sorry for the crappy pics, I'm still learning the digital camera thing!
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I would be curious if we could see better pics. It looks as if your color balance may be off. If not, then the fleshtones have a serious greenish-yellow tint.
  3. Brad S Member

Jim

Cant wait to see this one in person. Dont know if you were at the meeting this week, but I was wondering if you brought it? i need ideas on patterns for mine. Hope to see you and the figure soon.

Brad Spelts
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Jim,

There is something wrong with your picture's. Maybe you don't have enough lite on your model, or the whitebalance doesn't fixed at auto. Maybe you change it but the white is not good.
    If everything is good than i have to echo John, this fellow good be a clone of the HULK. ;)
    I really want to see better picture's if possible. :angry:

What i really mean is that you are a better painter than this buste let us see.

marc
  5. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jim, this is a beautiful kit. I am about half way through one after not painting for about 3 years or so. It is really well cast and the sculpting of the folds in the plaid is excellent. Hope you get your camera sorted, maybe you just need to experiment with a lighting source.

All the best.

Roy
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Jim,

I really look forward to seeing what you do with this one. This is a great kit and I did it years ago in the Frasier clan, this is part of my family so what better one to do! :lol: . I hope you will not mind but I have included a pic for you to see. BTW I like the green eyes you have painted, nice touch.

Joe

Attached Files:

7. Jim Hockett Member

A little better picture I hope. It's not greenish in actuality, I've got to get some better lighting for photos.
    [IMG]