1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Elite Hauptmann

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Robin, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi All

Thought I would also share one of the other figures in my life at the moment. Elites Hauptmann. Face nearly done with just final highlghting on beard eyes and starting to work on helmet,

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

As usual comments and crits welcomed :)

Robin
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful flesh tones Robin.....keep on painting matey!!
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I like this one too. Flesh tones look good.

Can't wait to see how you paint the dark blue :)

Keith
  4. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Coming along very nicely.
  5. Hyades New Member

Yes, Robin, very nicely done! Wonderful skin tones and shadowing effect - indeed, I've thought that this figure had a really oversized nose, but now I'm thinking it was an illusion due to the paint job shown on the box art. Kudos, then! :lol: Please keep posting in-progress pics - I'd love to see how you're going to hand his helmet and uniform.

Again, looking great so far!
    Nancy
    aka Hyades
  6. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    HI all

Thanks for the great comments, thinking about doing more Franco Prussian War figures.

Robin
  7. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    Robin looks great !!

I've got this guy coming in the mail by Xmas....can't wait to see you tackle the blue as well!
    FPW seems to be very popular these days...
    -Alex
  8. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very nice start Robin.

Glad to see you painting! I assume he's done in acrylics?
  9. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rob

Nah the face is in oils, the rest is and will be acrylics, my second attempt to be precise, will keep you posted.

Robin
  10. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great flesh tones Robin. I really like them. Keep up the good work my friend.
  11. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Hey Robin!

How is the quality of the casting on this figure?

I am curious about the rest of Elite's line. On Saturday, I started to to work on the Elite 54 mm 42 Highlander and the casting is awful. Lot's of lines over delicate folds. Clunks of white metal, lost detail on the kilt and left hand. :( Beautiful Latorre sculpt tho.

Keith
  12. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    One or two ;little annoyances but not as bad as that, he went together ok and at first he looked leggy to me , strange now he don't.I also had trouble with that figure the highlander that is.

Robin
  13. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Thanks, Robin. Good to know the other Elite figs are better.

Keith
  14. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Well I have been workig on him , done some of the helmet, blocking out mostly with the blue on the coat starting to be highlighted and shaded.

[IMG]

Comments and crits welcome as always

Robin
  15. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looking great Robin! Looking forward to your next step.
  16. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Robin,

He is looking nice. I really like this figure and look forward to seeing more of him.

Joe
  17. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies its great to get em, the hauptmann is my first Acrylic figure so I am pretty pleased with him. Although he aint show standard.

Heres the latest

[IMG]

[IMG]

commenst as always welcome

Robin
  18. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Any more shots of this one Robin ?
    It IS a nice figure isn't it !!
    BTW, just a personal point of view, may I suggest you paint the trousers quite a bit darker - if I'm correct they were a very dark grey.

Is it Vallejo acrylics you use ?
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Robin,

He is turning out beautifull. But i got echo Johan, the trousers are very dark grey almost black. Maybe it is the lightfall off the picture, so if that is the point please correct me.

Marc.
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Robin , he's turning out great. If it might be of any help I posted some pics of my version which is also in acrylics and since it's your 2nd figure in this medium you might find the pics useful. They're in my v-bench.If you need any help regarding mixes just ask

Stephen Mallia