1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Elite French Sapper Fleshwork

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jcichon, Feb 14, 2010.

1. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    This is a 90mm Elite Miniatures Sapper and I just started the fleshwork which is always the most difficult for me. I have been experimenting with different oil mixes and seem to like this one. The photo's are a bit washed out but you get the idea so I need some honest critiques on this one. It's such a nice kit that I dont want to screw it up!!! Thanks again guys. No, the eyes are not done!

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

Mike Stevens likes this.
  2. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Here is the face pretty much finished. THe beard is still wet in pics and not highlighted all the way.

[IMG]
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Jason,

Is the mix a little too red or is it the pictures always difficult to tell. Perhaps an oil wash in a darker colour would knit it all together and subdue the red...but I am no expert! It is coming on really well with good contrasts.
    Keith
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    The start is excellent. I like the skincolor.
    How do you paint the eyes???

Marc
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Love the eyes Jason, very impressive.
    Carl.
  6. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    The eyes seems to be very good.
    The colour of the skin looks a bit too pink in the pics. I would try to add some latest small highlights and to make some darker shadows adding a cold colour like blue to the shadow mix.
  7. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    This is the completed head but I forgot the eyebrows so I will add them in!! Let me know what you think
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Man that is nice. paint the rest of the figure like that and you have a keeper. The only thing I can see is maybe shape the eyes a little more. Nice work.
  9. michelangelo Member

Greece
  10. Ferris A Fixture

I find the face and rest very convincing.
    Maybe indeed a very small dark edge over the top of the eyes, but even without, I'd be happy with the result.
    Look forward to the rest!

Cheers, Adrian
  11. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    The colour seems better on these pics.
    Good job!
  12. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments guys! Fleshwork is really tough for me and I have to say I am really happy with this one. I would give it a 6.5 out of ten but I know I can do better. Just starting on the tunic which is a dark blue and it's a tough color to highlight without it being a total abortion so I am going with really subtle highlights but I will keep all posted on progress