1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Elite Chasseur a Pied

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jcichon, Jan 25, 2011.

1. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    This is my latest figure, Elites 90mm Chasseur a Pied. A really fantastic kit and beautifully sculpted by Stefano Cannone. This is the second sculpt of his I have done from Elite and its just as beautiful. Done mainly in oils with some acrylic work. Pardon the lousy camera work. I also di a lot mor groudwork than I have in the past. Groundwork is my weak point and am trying to get better at it. Still have a few areas I need to touch up both on the figure and the groundwork. All comments/critiques welcomed!!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very well done Jason, the groundwork really compliments the figure too.
    Carl.
  3. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Hi Jason,

The figure looks great. I really like the skintones and blues. I like the ground work, much improved.

My only comment is about the spats and bread bag. I think they could use more contrast.

You can put those baseball cards back in the closet. :)
  4. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Hello Jacon
    Fairly good job and the colors are good and in harmony with the facts and face.
    Olive oil has achieved this result;
    Maybe the wall, for me, perhaps should cover just over a miniature, but this is a detail that would appeal to me only!!!
    Bravo

Alexnadros
    http://alexminiatures.blogspot.com/
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very cool! Saw this the other day in person and the pictures doesnt do it justice. The pictures make the figure look a bit washed out, and there is a lot more to the tan/buff colors then the pictures suggest. The wood on the rifle is insane, looks just like wood!
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well done Jason! (y)
  7. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the kind comments guys! Thank you Anders as you have seen it in person and can attest to my lousy photo skills!! I'm now re-doing the other Elite 90mm Sapper so hopefully I can have done in time to send the pair to Atlanta!
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Jason,
    I think you have done a great paintjob on this one.
    Maybe your lighting has washed out the colors. I see contrast into the colors but not as much as i think you painted.

Marc
  9. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Super mate - like it very much.
  10. Mike Davidson Member

United-States
  11. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    I'm a fan of this figure.
    I think a very wonderful figure.
    And I think it was a more wonderful figure by your painting.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka.
  12. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Hikaru! I need to come to Japan and learn how to do groundwork from you!!
  13. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    He looks good to me. At first I thought the skin was too orange but different angles showed it wasn't. The groundwork looks good also. I particularly like the trousers.
  14. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent painted figure Jason!

Regards,
    Marcel.