1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Elisina Figure problems

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by renarts, Oct 6, 2008.

1. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Hey guys,
    I have Elisina's St. George and the Dragon figure set. There seems to be some distortion with the metal parts and trying to assemble them all together has proven frustrating. Overall the individual pieces themselves are sculpted rather nicely, The face, armor and horse, horse trappings, etc. are nice. But the fit on everything has much to be desired. This is definately a project. And assembling and prepping for paint, the Knight and horse have been challenging but fun.

I'm having a real tough time with the dragon. It is comprised of two halves of the body, a wing, a wing with a section of back, the tail, arms, feet and head. While the head went together smoothly, the body halves and wing with back spine section really seems to have a great deal of fit problems. It doesn't line up and even after considerable clean up, the fit is poor and very difficult to put together. Being metal the pieces are heavy and working with them has been an exercise in bench top jigs for support and trying to get the pieces to fit together has been rough.
    Any ideas or hints as to a plan of attack. I've tried wing/back and half first, then the other half, then I tried the two halves and wing/back, but because of the engineering of the cut apart for casting, this isn't working real well and the pieces just don't fit. Maybe I'm missing something and there is a "trick" to it and I'm not seeing it because I've been struggling with it for too long and getting frustrated.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips.
  2. Drebil New Member

Hungary
    Renarts,

Since it is a kind of metal, is it possible soldering the parts together, and carefully sand the excess of the soldering lines down?

Peter
  3. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Mike I bought this figure some months ago but until now I only had a quick look at it. So I can't tell anything about the fitting. I will have a look at mine the coming days. And will post my experience.

Marcel.
  4. beford52 New Member

Figure

I believe Danilo Cartacci used this kit to demonstrate some assembly and painting techniques in his book.I'll take a look and see if there's anything pertinent to your question/difficulty.
  5. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. I definately appreciate the help and effort. I'm concentrating on working on the horse and knight for right now. The dragon makes my eye twitch when I look at it.