1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Elf Archer - Final tryout

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jitch0t, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    DAniel...............Your Elf Archer looks terrific. Sorry as not to reply earlier, but been under the weather some. I like your shading and color blends and your flesh is good for the real life character.

The epoxy could possibly be painted the same color as the rock above it. Or just do groundwork around the manufacturer's base with the rock, add some weeds and tall grass and come to the edge of the base. If you are not sure about what I mean, email me your addy and I will send you some pics where I incorporated the metal base in with the groundwork added.

guy
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Daniel,try enlarging your groundwork around the branch on which Legolas is standing on.What I did for mine was that I spread PVA(white glue) around the metal base provided in the kit and sprinkled some fine sand and pebbles around it.Next,I followed with some assorted forest litter(leaves,twigs) and some small vegetation around the branch,all attached with PVA or super glue.As an added touch,try sculpting some toadstools(mushrooms) on the branch and/or ground surrounding the branch,using epoxy putty.Once the glue is dried,paint up the extra details with your favourite paint(acrylics or enamels),using lots of browns,greens,yellows.The shiny parts of the base should be covered now.HTH.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Daniel!

I think your doing great, and the cape is not bad at all! I also have a hard time painting larger areas, the key is to use very dilluted paint and build all the highlights and shadows up. Large areas is one of the hardest thing to paint with acrylics.
  4. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Daniel
    You are getting on great,
    I have been asked to paint one of these for a LOTR fan I work with
    I take great encouragement from seeing your work.

Frank (y) (y)
  5. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated!

i've been told to use flat (matt) varnish to kill the brightness. if it doesn't work i'll try to add more weed or grass.

guy my e-mail is jitch0t@terra.es feel free to send me pics :)

see you in a couple of hours
  6. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Finally the last pics. I thought i finished it but i see some little details after making the pis i'll correct later, now i need to start other fig

[IMG]

[IMG]

Hope you like it. I'm quite happy being my 2nd fig finished :)
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks absolutely great Daniel. Wish my second figure looked that good.

guy
  8. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Daniel-

This is a very nice and complete vignette.

Sorry for not answering sooner but I was travelling.

I like the earlier advice about expanding the landscaping to cover up the epoxy on the base. Pls don't be overly concerned about that. Now you know what NOT to do next time. That is real important.

I think the flesh tone and hair are well done. The leathers too.

I look forward to viewing more of your work.

Thanks again for sharing the SBS.

Keith
  9. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Thanks a lot guys!! the bow string is a hair of my girlfriend

And Anders, yes mate, there are little details I need to correct like the little piece of bow string in the right side (it needs to be cut), the wrist of his right hand (outlining), the jewel of the cape (i forgot it completely)...

I started next figure, the Samurai Archer from Andrea M. (54mm), the same Edson is doing :)

Thanks for the comments again, you guys make me improve!
  10. Edson Member

Mexico
    Un trabajo genial Dani!! sigue asi luce super compadre los pequeños detalles ya son solo cuestion de ajutes, felicidades

Saludos
    Ed (y)
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Good job on the archer,Daniel (y) So the bowstring is your girlfriend's hair,eh Now you know she'll really like it,considering she contributed part of the added "accessories" ! Looking forward to your next project,Daniel.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  12. oniria A Fixture

Spain
    Hola A todos.

Guapísima Daniel! Yo estoy empezando a currame mi 2ª figura y me daría con un canto en los dientes si me sale la mitad de bien.

Hi all!.

Real cool Daniel. I'm starting to work on mi second figure and i'd hit my teeth with a stone if if came out as half as good as yours.

hasta ahora.
  13. y_wong New Member

Your figure looks good. Is the scale 54mm? Looking forward to your next model.

regards
  14. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Thanks guys!

y_wong: yes, it's 54 mm, a little marvel IMO
  15. ggamzzic New Member

South-Korea
    Hi...Daniel ....

Great work...Beutiful Legolas.. (y)

Jung