1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Elan13 (EL81) RAF Pilot with dog WW2 75mm 1/24

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Brodie, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Good to see the cap done , looks good .....what's the colours you used ?

Personally would have left pipe off ,it's a great face but the pipe is seen a lot

Look forward to him being with his dog

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice painting and superb colour on the mae west. Looking forward to more.
  3. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cap colour is same as uniform, band is Tamiya rubber black and insignia is vallejo golden yellow.
    lips have a hole where the pipe goes, but i did like him without it as well. so i may take it off and fill with a drop of superglue and paint his lips in over it. Jut got to decide where to get a base for him and his dog from , so i can display them together, any suggestions ?
    KenBoyle likes this.
  4. Mookie Well-Known Member

Coming along very nicely Mr .b.
    Richard.
    Steve Brodie likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England

Cheers Steve

As for a base what about Petes Bases , run by Peter Watson ...if needed he can do a special

You could build a step , with a Nissan hut front behind the dog could be on it looking up at the pilot .....just a thought!

Nap
  6. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    He looks great Steve
  7. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Was thinking of an arm chair table and gramophone player. Been 1/24th can utilise some dolls house furniture, strip it back if need be and repaint it. Also quite cheap

Screenshot_20190620-173355_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190620-173256_Chrome.jpg
  8. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thank you
  9. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Terrific work Steve,
    I must confess, beer also improves my painting skills (y)
    Lovely subject.. Not to many Flyers seen on this site.
    Well done my friend.

Smithy.
  10. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    so here they are reunited. Its finished apart from the sofa /chair which has been ordered , will need repainting and then putting into the scene. Pilot has had his final matt coat applied where needed, not convinced by his right eye. may need to look into it again, maybe saturday in daylight sitting outside;

20190621_161806.jpg 20190621_161817.jpg 20190621_161842.jpg 20190621_161924.jpg 20190621_161948.jpg 20190621_162056.jpg
    arj, chippy, elanlane13 and 3 others like this.
  11. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    How about a Scramble bell on a styrene framework? Just a thought, there must be a few doll's house miniatures bells out there......

Chris O.
  12. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nicely done Steve and a great SBS. (y)

Cheers,
    Ken
  13. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Great work Steve. I look forward to seeing it in the full scene.
  14. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    The 3 piece suite arrived yesterday, garish doesn't come close, so a 20 minute dip in AK's extreme metal cleaner (that stuff should come with a health warning - smell is horrendous and potent) left outside and then a wash in hot soapy water removed all of the decal/print on the chair. A coat of primer revealed that the pattern is actually embossed into the seat so a rub down to get everything level and then a coat of Vallejo putty, smoothed out with a brush was applied.

20190626_220241.jpg

This has since been sanded back, so ready for another coat of primer and then good to paint (red)
  15. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Chair reprimed, looks better now, looks a bit rough which is what I wanted. Colours to be used
    20190627_173817.jpg
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  16. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Thanks for showing the colours you're using, Steve.
  17. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Chair painted, good test of the 'red paint set' which is very good. just waiting for the plinth so i can put it all together.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    I do like the dog in the chair Steve.
  19. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I concur with Rob, very nice.
  20. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Finished him today. Will post full finished photos tomorrow, but one for now;

20190707_193040.jpg
    Chris Oldfield likes this.