1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Elan 13 WW1 piltot cricketer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by carpo, Jun 8, 2014.

1. carpo Member

Australia
    Hi all,
    Just finished the new Elan13 cricketer figure. I have replaced the head with a Hornet figures one - which looks a shade small but I wanted a head without a hat (which the kit head had.)

I have removed the Royal Flying Corps insignia and British rank from the sleeves and replace with AIF rising suns on the upper lapels and pips for 2nd Leiutenant on the epaullettes.

I really hope Elan13 plan to put out more figures from this period - and the character of this particular one makes a nice change.

I think you could also remodel this guy to be leaning on the wing or fuselage of an aircraft (I am sure that many gentlement would fly with a warm wooly vest under their issue rig. It needn't be painted in cricket colours - maybe a nice ski jumper or something...

Cheers,
    Carpo

Attached Files:

2. Adrien Campbell Active Member

Hi. Nice work. Is the head the 1/35 range or 1/32?

I received copy last week and sure is beautiful figure and great casting. Agree with you and hope more figures are to come.

Regards,

Adrien
  3. swralph A Fixture

Nice work on this
  4. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Hi Carpo, speaking as a pom, I think you've done a really nice job on this one.
    Best wishes, Gary(y)
  5. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I think I like it better without the hat , and the smaller head makes it look taller !! . nice work
    chippy
  6. carpo Member

Australia
    Hey Adrian - the head is 1/35. Hornet do some 1/32 heads but they are all bald and weren't what I was looking for.
    Thanks all for the comments.

I was also awaiting the release of some RFC figures from Model Cellar - anyone know if they are about to hit the shelves?
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Looks like a nice chap:LOL:
    Cheers
    John
  8. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Carpo,
    Great version of the figure I love what you have done with it.
    More pilots are on the way.