1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique El Miliciano- Spanish Civil War 1936 1.32 Creation

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MAXIMO, Mar 4, 2016.

1. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    The falling soldier: The most important picture of Spanish Civil War by Robert Capa
    I did this small figure with the challenge of showing the moment of the collapsing Spanish Milician and train to copy exactly as possible the Robert Capa B&W picture.
    I create the soldier with some plastic transformed spare parts. Then I sculpted with putty all the uniform details adding the arms, hands and ammunitions belts. The rifle slipping out the hand it’s supported by just two fingers and his standing on one foot.
    I painted all in B&W with acrylic.
    I’ll appreciate and welcome all yours comments

Adriano
    The Falling Soldier 1936 is a photograph by Robert Capa appears to capture a Republican soldier at the very moment of death. The soldier is shown collapsing backward after being fatally shot in the head, with his rifle slipping out of his right hand. The pictured soldier is dressed in civilian clothing, but is wearing a leather cartridge belts
    CIMG4893.JPG 2MILI foto.jpg CIMG4428.JPG grupjpg.jpg2.jpg grupjpg.jpg CIMG4736.JPG CIMG4884.JPG CIMG4893.JPG CIMG4899.JPG CIMG4894.JPG CIMG4896.JPG CIMG4897.JPG CIMG4893.JPG CIMG4893.JPG
    Andalias, marco55, Martin64 and 12 others like this.
  2. Oda A Fixture

You remained true to the photograph.You have recreated in 3D a most difficult movement and very successfully I might add.Very inspirational work.Well done.
  3. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Thank you Oda for the comment I appreciate.
    Regards
    Adriano
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    A difficult pose very well done! (y)

What scale please?

All the best,
    Dan
  5. Harrybh Member

United-States
    As a photographer I knew the image immediately. Very well done rendering! Doing it in B&W is an homage to a great, and very brave, man.
    As a point of interest I have read in a very few places Robert Capa had posed his shot but, as much as I know about him and his brother Cornell, I doubt that.
  6. Jaybo Active Member

United-States
    Great idea and wonderfully executed. I too instantly recognized the pose and subject.
  7. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very good representation of the photograph. You have really thought about how to replicate aspects in the image - I like that you have painted the shadow on the groundwork too as that is a big feature in the original.
    Well done
    Cheers
    Mat
  8. franceso sbarile Well-Known Member

to replicate a photo is always a very difficoult job. You did a very good work on it
  9. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Hi Dan it¨1/32 Thanks
    and also to Jaybo, Mat, Francesco, I appreciate the comments my thanks.
    To Arrybh, about the picture was an acction combact simulation but the men was really killed

Upon publication of the photograph, there were allegations from the Falange, an extreme nationalist political group in Spain, that the photograph was staged by Capa request.
    Staging photos was a common occurrence during the Spanish Civil War because of limits imposed upon photojournalists' freedom of movement: unable to go to active fronts, or cordoned off when they were, photographers resorted to pictures of soldiers feigning combat.[6]Following its publication, the photograph was acclaimed as one of the greatest ever
    Regards Adriano
  10. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very evocative photo captured perfectly in 3D.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  11. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Thank you Andrew for your comment.
    Adriano
  12. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Seem to remember Robert Lane did a version of this subject some years back?

Bob
  13. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Hi Bob I ´ll never seen any other version, but maybe somebody else did one...
    Regards
    Adriano