1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP El Greco ECW Cavalryman

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Graham, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Graham A Fixture

England
    This will be my next WIP but not until after Easter hols as it is family time for a few days.

Stunning quality bust, well recommended. Helmet peak and face guard only blue tacked in position

3634DC0F-9F14-4E9F-86B5-12917192AECE.jpeg
    Whitney, Oda, Phater and 7 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Graham

Nice choice plenty of metallics there , a very good sculpt as well

Looking forward to seeing this progress ...in the meantime .....

Have a good time at Easter ...enjoy the family time

Nap
    Oda and Graham like this.
  3. MacCoy Active Member

Finland
    Very good choice there.
    Happy Easter!
    Graham likes this.
  4. Graham A Fixture

England
    Not too many chocolate eggs guys :)
    napoleonpeart and MacCoy like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    As if I would !!.......

Nap
    Graham likes this.
  6. Graham A Fixture

England
    Back from Easter break visiting family just above Newcastle. Been a fun if cold weekend but the bench is calling. Dentist this afternoon so got some acrylic primer on and a very thin acrylic flesh base. Let this all dry up and then the fun begins :)

_20180403_113015.JPG
    Oda, napoleonpeart and JonH like this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Graham

This arrived as an Easter pressie to me ....well that's my story .......great sculpt

Following with interest

Nap
    Graham and Oda like this.
  8. Oda A Fixture

A great bust no doubt.Would have been greater had you only named him a parliamentarian instead of a cavalier (what can I say mate,Oliver is one of my most favourite historical personalities of all times and yes I know he tried to make you forget Christmass but let's not be too judgemental,nobody's perfect anyway:D).Definitely looking forward to seeing your progres on this one(although after an appointment with the dentist usually all I want is my blankie and a safe spot to crawl into:dead:).

Oda.
  9. Graham A Fixture

England
    I am sure you will enjoy it Kev, it really is nicely done.
  10. Graham A Fixture

England
    You know Oda, I thought he was a Roundhead but I went with the title that El Greco sell him under assuming they knew something I didn’t. I have no issues with Cromwell. Banning Christmas was one of his better ideas lol. I live pretty close to where he was born and, although I have never really studied him or the ECW, will be learning more. Dentist wasn’t too bad but I have another two visits lol.
    Oda likes this.
  11. Graham A Fixture

England
    Interesting point that Oda raised above and something that was bothering me too. Is this a Royalist as advertised by El Greco or is he a Parliamentarian as I would have thought (hoped) him to be?
    Oda likes this.
  12. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If you want him as a Parliamentarian, paint the sash orange; if Royalist, then red.
    The clothing and equipment was much the same on either side.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  13. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    This is a superb looking bust cant't wait to see what you do.
  14. Graham A Fixture

England
    Thanks Andrew, Orange it is :)
    Oda likes this.
  15. Graham A Fixture

England
    Cheers Bob should be an update later today :)
  16. Graham A Fixture

England
    Face blocked in using oils. Start blocking the rest in using acrylics now. Then back to refine face.

_20180404_104000-01.jpeg
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Liking this start Graham

What acrylics are you using .....Castle Art set ?

Following this Cromwellion

Nap

PS Took out Royalst in title ..the choice is yours which side !
  18. Graham A Fixture

England
    Cheers Kev. Yep, using the Castle acrylic for the rest of him apart from the metalwork which will be Darkstar.

Having just blocked in his long flowing locks, this is definitely a Cavalier, he could do hair product commercials lol.

By the way, do you use W&N Artisan Thinner for the water soluble oils? If not, I certainly recommend them big improvement over thinning with water. Dries faster and holds colour better and you only need a drop.
  19. Oda A Fixture

It was good before,now it's prfect.Do your best and keep posting pics of the process.

Oda.
    Graham likes this.
  20. Graham A Fixture

England
    All the blocking in done. Time to let him dry off well then start polishing up the armour a bit while I work out my highlights and shadow colours.

DSC_0489-01.jpeg
    Oda likes this.