1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed EK-Castings 54mm WW2 Russians

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kimmo, May 4, 2021.

1. Kimmo A Fixture

Been a while since I've done any painting so decided on doing up this pair since the colours will be very similar. Just a quick little project to get the hands some much needed practice. You can see what they look like au naturel here.

Primed with Scale75 black

P5040926.JPG

P5040928.JPG

P5040929.JPG

P5040931.JPG

And a quick basing with Vallejos to start sorting out the tones and get some definition.

P5040932.JPG

P5040935.JPG

P5040936.JPG

P5040938.JPG

Should be a fun little project with a lot of detail to pick out and a chance to play with some techniques.

Kimmo
    Bookman, Oda, Blind Pew and 3 others like this.
  2. Kimmo A Fixture

A good first session, shots are a little over exposed, another thing that needed some practice.

P5040939.JPG

P5040940.JPG

P5040941.JPG

P5040943.JPG

P5040944.JPG

Plenty more to come.

Kimmo
    Oda and Nap like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Kimmo

Great to see you posting nice EK figures and your certainly cracking on with them

Look forward to more from you on this V Bench

Why not enter a piece into the class of your choice in our May's FOTM comp and also vote in Aprils classes as well

....And enter in Vignettes & Diorama #3 which will be running till 31/12/21 with voting till 31/01/22

Always good to see the artwork

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to the next

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  4. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Nap! Things have been going surprisingly quickly despite there being so much to tackle on comrade pilot. And now we cleverly segue into today's update...

Today was mostly sorting out the harness and getting the leather done. Our flaggy lass has been somewhat neglected as there isn't as much to do, still undecided on whether to go with a blonde do or not, I would like some contrast up top. And I think I have the camera settings figured out again.

P5050945.JPG

P5050946.JPG

P5050947.JPG

P5050948.JPG

Still a fair bit to do, but things are coming along nicely.

Kimmo
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Kimmo

Nice updates and the figures are certainly coming along well

Look forward to more from your bench

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  6. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Nap!

The devil is always in the details so now they started to get some more attention. The skin tones were done as well, had some fun with blue, red and purple washes/filters. Makes a nice change of pace and you get some interesting tones. The pilot looks tired so I tried to make it look like he has a slightly dirty face, just back from a sortie. Our lass got a bit of colour, but not too much. I also gave everything a flat coat to take the shine off the reds and blues, it also toned down some of the shading.

P5060949.JPG

P5060950.JPG

P5060951.JPG

P5060952.JPG

With a bit of luck I can wrap this up tomorrow.

Kimmo
    Martin64, Nap and Henk like this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Looking really good Kimmo , amazing what details have come out during painting , these EK are certain,y worth looking at for a enjoyable benchtime

Larger image if I may image.jpeg

Look forward to the wrap up

Happy benchtime

Nap
  8. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Nap, embiggen away. There certainly is some fantastic detail to pick out, which is why it's taking a little bit longer than I would have hoped. I have some more EK figures waiting at the post office which we'll get to in the near future.

I had to go over quite a bit of stuff to clean up some staining or things I wasn't happy with and got most of the medals and insignia done. Trying to figure out what medal was what was a bit of a challenge. I still need to do the rifle and add some ink to the NMM bits. The ground could use a bit of work too.

P5080955.JPG

P5080956.JPG

P5080957.JPG

P5080958.JPG

Next session should do it for these.

Kimmo
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Kimmo

Good updates and must admit the insignia looks good , for the scale the traffic controller has a good face sculpted

Good uniform colours on both

Agree ref groundwork although your restricted on area to work on

Happy benchtime

No
  10. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Nap!

Finally got these done, a gallery link can be found here. A couple of teasers:

1.JPG

14.JPG

These were fun and I'm happy with how they turned out. There will definitely be more EKs coming up soon.

Kimmo
    Nap likes this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Kimmo

They certainly do,paint up nicely thanks for the V Bench

Happy benchtine

Nap
  12. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Nap!

Kimmo