1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Eightballers RAUNCHY

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by pinsel, Nov 9, 2010.

1. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    some time ago i did read some books about the Eight USAF Division.i always liked the catoonish names and insignias painted on the ships an lot.often those where painted on the back of the airmans leatherjackets as well.
    in early medievial time Verlinden released an Adolf Galland wearing such an american leatherjacket.looking by the way some GORDY-ish-maybe he have done him?????well such an thing is not impossible of course some where available from prisoners and fairer chaps may even have traded them in an prison camp while others simply took them.....and germans where very keen on this snappy jackts.in airforce an wide array of stuff was worn they did see it right relaxed in regards to uniformregulations.
    this 200mm figure sat in my to do shelf since ages terrible painted.
    so i thought why not.i opted for RAUNCHY.this was painted on an ship showing an black poolball wich is shaped like an bomb with wings.
    so i painted this on with the name.i wanted an very scratched and used look for the jacket.its still not done.i painted acrylics base then stippled oils on and then acrylics again.of course this will never get an harmonic bond.but so i can easy chip of paint to get the scratched used look.i started already and will go further to come to an pleasing result.
    its in an very raw state but will see where i get at the end.the raunchy looks quite nice for my taste.i got it at first attempt.well it was one of the simpler designs...neverless the little chap looks sweet
    cheers

Attached Files:

mil-mart likes this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Markus great eightball and nice worn look to the leather.

Cheers Ken
  3. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    here is the end result one less to worry about.added two kill marks to the back the german crosses and an name at front
    was an fast thing because one could use the base within
    cheers
  4. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    here is the end result one less to worry about.added two kill marks to the back the german crosses and an name at front
    was an fast thing because one could use the base within
    cheers

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.