1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP E. Rommel ( The Desert Fox ) - 120 mm

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by palmielcore, Sep 20, 2013.

1. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello everybody,
    I have the privilege to show you a step-by-step of the figure of the german Field Marshal Erwin Rommel a very common theme seen in the historical side of miniaturism. In all my experience as a miniaturist I can say that I did not have many opportunities to approach to the scale of 120 mm but finally I got this assignment. After a few months of hard work I got a figure that will always be among my top goals.
    I’ve choosen a position of contra post . The commissioner asked me the character should wear the leather coat, the scarf and DAK uniform (Deutsche Afrika Korps) - the uniform of the campaign in Africa. So I decided to make it with the left hand in the trousers pocket the way that he put away the coat so that it reveals the military pants very typical of the time with the stripes on the side defining the rank of a general.

Here I have improvised the sketches made on Photoshop, then the skeleton and the basic anatomy.

[IMG][/URL]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG] 1237862_660048084014812_495324865_n.jpg
    rej, GARRY, O.P. and 7 others like this.
  2. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    A beautiful illustration of a proper contra-posto pose! (y)
    palmielcore likes this.
  3. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    hola, more pics more progress please, like that.
    palmielcore likes this.
  4. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello again,
    Here begins the process of dressing the basic anatomy with the intent to cover everywhere to make me an idea of how will look the entire figure. It is known that it should be taken the advantage of all the effects making the tissues to reveal the movement of the figure thereby obtaining an original composition. I specifically chose this posture with the left hand in his pants pocket to cheer with very marked folds of the leather jacket, folds very different from the uniform textures.In the 3rd and 4th picture you can notice small copper spots and due to the copper sheets that I've sticked to the anatomy, sheets that are sustaining the bulk of outstanding folds

Soon I’ll be back with more pictures

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Stephan and yeo_64 like this.
  5. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello everybody,
    Here are the final pictures. I hope you like them. The company that produces the copies is dejuguetes.es from Spain. For anyone who would like to vote, here's the link for this figure
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/342522

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful sculpt. Interesting engineering. Kudos! :wideyed:(y)
    palmielcore and rej like this.
  7. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great sculpt & thanks for sharing (y)
    Saved the pics for reference on what I'm working o_O will post asa I'm done ;)
    palmielcore likes this.
  8. swralph A Fixture

real likeness of Rommel,excellent sculpt
    palmielcore likes this.