1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

e-bay recaster Leeds U.K

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by 1969, Jun 27, 2017.

1. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello all,
    I have just been informed that a seller from Leeds U.K is selling pirated copies of my DAK bike rider and my WW1 German bust, he is also pirating other manufacturers including Youngs, Pegaso etc. He mainly does 1/9 figures/busts.

If anyone has an address for this person or even a name I would appreciate it.

Many thanks
    Steve
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    For what I can see, I think everything there is recast

for all, brand is WSM
    for all, info is :
    Figure is not in the original box
  3. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    We have sent you a private message Steve here on PF.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Also sent a message , I am taking out the user ID from the thread

After seeing this on e bay I see he has more correctly priced items as well

He has now deleted the listing of Steves

Nap
    Mirofsoft likes this.
  5. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve you say Leeds will have a word with the guys at the White rose to see if they have come across this guy. they might know something in that regards. it's bad enough it coming from overseas but that's on our door step.

will look into it

cheers

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    1969 likes this.
  6. Bournouna Active Member

United-States
    "he is also pirating other manufacturers including Youngs, Pegaso etc. He mainly does 1/9 figures/busts."

I went on ebay and could not find him. If anyone as an address for him please pass it on. I'm curious to see the quality of his busts .
  7. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    We sincerely doubt this person is UK-based. His prices are set in US$ and he is using FedEx International Economy for postage from UK to UK. More than likely he is just putting Leeds UK (just like another one who has put Newcastle, UK) and yet the items are posted from China.

In fact when you go to shipping details, you get the following:

US $8.00

United Kingdom

Standard International Shipping

Estimated between Mon. 10 Jul. and Tue. 18 Jul.
    Seller ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab.
    Tommi, 1969 and napoleonpeart like this.
  8. Tommy Brown Active Member

One of the feedback from buyer indicated is shipped from Poland.
    "Got here super fast from Poland! Very satisfied and this is a great Ebay member!"
    napoleonpeart and 1969 like this.
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    After a bit more searching around it does seem that this person is in fact in Poland and using a bogus account in the U.K, he is a prolific recaster and has been around a number of years ripping various manufacturers off along the way. I do not think he has any intention of going away any time soon a she is making far too much money from this venture.

Cheers
    Steve
    Tommi likes this.
  10. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well I contacted a few guys and they said it looked like a bogus address, I thought him being from Leeds we might have come across him. just shows they will try anything to get the goods out their. they are a scourge but again it's always down to the people that buy the bloody things. they make it viable for him to continue to sell the product they are as much to blame for this as the re-caster we all know that.

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    1969 and Tommi like this.
  11. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not sure how viable this is for modellers as their prices are at £30.00+ for some of the kits so some modellers are going to be duped thinking that it's an original, and they will be getting a recast at a hefty price!
    1969 likes this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England

As you rightly say Celine listing at more "expected" genuine prices from genuine sellers/ companies ...certainly sends out the wrong message

As Steve says ...he's unlikely to go away .......

As Ian says ......down to people who buy the bloody things

Nap
    ellie and 1969 like this.