1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP dwarven king scale 1/32

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by ookami, Mar 21, 2011.

1. ookami Member

Mexico
    Hi All, I am attaching some pictures of this work on progress, It is almost finished I just need to polish some details on the boots and the helmet, hope you like it :).

Attached Files:

Sergey Savenkov, Kisifer, Fex and 4 others like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice Juan thanks for sharing (y)

The shield is a cool touch! :)

By the way, how is the figure scene in Mexico?
  3. ookami Member

Mexico
    Hi Gordy, thank you for your comment and yes the shield was a lot of work but i think that it gives and added touch to the all mini.

Well I am not a profecional sculptor and dont get my daily living wit this, but on general here on mexico is a lot of good crasfthmanship, saddly we dont buy a lot of this so every body sells they craft to other countrys mainly europe and nort america, the sales seems to be stable at least that is what I have hear from my friends that do get their daily income from this.
  4. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Mate Yeah a dwarf - love all the details and 'your' interpretation of a dwarf warrior

The shield design seem a bit ' fuzzy' but as you said work in progress
    also balance on hold of axe seems a little low - maybe have the axe slightly lower in the hand
    I hope you see this as suggestions only

Ian
  5. ookami Member

Mexico
    Hi Ian, thank you for your comments and I fell very happy to hear you like it :), and yes the detail on the shield is a little bit unpolished, i was thinking on use some sand paper on it but I am afraid that i may damage the details :S, but I will jump on it ; About the axe, that is a wonderfull sugestion, i may need to redo the hand but i think that it will work fine.
  6. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Juan - some fine sandpaper or evebn steel wool and then recarve any sharp lines will help the Shield design as the Shield is great - so is the axe itself but holding it straight like that in a 'relaxed' pose his arm would ache or be uncomfortable at most

Always lovely to see you are enjoying doing these

Ian
  7. ookami Member

Mexico
    Great Advise Ian, i will tray that on the shield, on the axe yep it will need some cuting and redoing but it will look a lot better after wards :).

I do love the fantasy teme, and dwarves are a great topic, also i love to do women but i need to practice more my femenine faces so they look femenime, that is a great challenge to me.
  8. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Juan - my female actually look like deformed Gnomes as well
    ookami likes this.
  9. ookami Member

Mexico
    Hi All i have finished this miniature ( well some small details still on process like the thumb and some polishing on the helmet), I did the modifications that Ian mention early and it looks a lot better hope you like it.

Also I will have resin copys of this mini on august, if any body is interested on geting one please send me a private message.

Also you can check the galery on my face book page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Forja-Modelos-A-Escala/215619271809634

Attached Files:

Paulie100 likes this.
  10. ookami Member

Mexico
  11. ookami Member

Mexico
    thank you Ian, i will be practicing more, i have some new pictures of the dwarven king, have modified a little bit, and really almost ready to finish it.
  12. ookami Member

Mexico
    IMG_0346.jpg IMG_0347.jpg IMG_0348.jpg IMG_0349.jpg IMG_0350.jpg IMG_0351.jpg IMG_0352.jpg IMG_0353.jpg IMG_0354.jpg IMG_0355.jpg
    Here are the last pictures of this model, have modified the pose and added more detail to the helmet and the face, hope you like it :D
    fanai likes this.
  13. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    fantastic - yes love the slight changes - wait to see some paint on him
    ookami likes this.
  14. ookami Member

Mexico
    Yes :) , i dont paint so I am looking for somebody that may want to paint it, will do some resin copys of it and if any body wants to paint it i can send a free copy just send me pictures of it after the painting, hope to have resin copys on a couple of weeks.
  15. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Mate I would be honoured to paint him
    ookami likes this.
  16. ookami Member

Mexico
    The honor will be all mine Ian, as soon i have some copys i will let you know,
  17. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I would love a copy too!
    ookami likes this.
  18. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thank you It would be a pleasure
    ookami likes this.
  19. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Love the tankard on the shield.
    Carl.(y)
    ookami likes this.
  20. ookami Member

Mexico
    Hi Captenglish will advise on here when i have copies, please send me a private message after that.