1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dutch Karabinier 1815

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dutch, Mar 21, 2008.

1. dutch Active Member

Netherlands
    This is my latest project. When I saw the postings of Aragorn( Batltle of Ulundi) I knew how to go on. His images are really helpfull!
    I want to make a Dragoon or Carabinier of the first regiment of the Dutch Army during the Battle of Waterloo 1815. For this model I use the Airfix Cuirassier, but I have a lot to make myself. Like the big hat:I made it from Greenstuff.

In future you will see more of this project

This is the picture which gave me the idea of using the Airfix cuirassier.

[IMG]

It isn't quite correct, but I have other references too.

[IMG]

Comments and tips welcome!
  2. Mark S Guest

Looks like a good start,Paul.
    The classic Airfix kit is a great match for the watercolour.
    I look forward to watching the progress on this one.
    Well done so far.
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I agree with Mark. Great start Paul and I look forward to seeing this develop.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good start.

looking forward to your next step.

marc
  5. dutch Active Member

Netherlands
    Figure carabinier finished

It has been a long time ago since I posted something about this figure. Because of work and family I had so less time to work on this figure. I'm also busy with a large dio of a gun emplacement (siege of 's-Hertogenbosch).But last week the figure was finished.
    It's made of Airfix Collectors series.The French cuirassier as a base and then a lot of Magic Sculp and Green Stuff.Painting with GW acrylics
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. sirhogr Member

Greece
    Great work Paul! Congrats!
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Paul,
    I cannot give comments on the sculpting because i haven't done that myself, but the buttons are out of scale.
    But for the painting all in all i think your contrast isnt there. It's all the way the same without shading or highlight. You gotta work on that and you gonna show us excellent work.

Marc.
  8. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Paul,
    Great figure but I agree with Marc that the figure is lacking some contrast.

Marcel.