1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dutch Grenadier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guys,

Thanks for the kind words and I will keep posting the pictures for you. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and if you can make any recommendations on how to improve please feel free to let me know.

I have painted the coat and the back pack straps.

Base for the coat: Silver-gray + Deck Tan

Back Pack: English Uniform + Ivory

You can also see I have gone back and tinked with a few shadows here and there on the pants. I also did a little more outline on the buttons. Thanks jim ;)

Attached Files:

2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have also noticed an error around the shoulder that I will fix in the next seating.

Coat palette.

Attached Files:

3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    paints

Attached Files:

4. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    back pack mix

Attached Files:

5. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    paints

Attached Files:

6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is the head an the bearskin that I have changed.

Attached Files:

7. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys here are a few updated pictures. I have seen in the pictures a few places that need some corrections and I will take care of these soon. I hope to wrap this figure up by the weekend. ;)

Joe

Attached Files:

8. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    next

Attached Files:

9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    last one :)

Attached Files:

10. georges64 Member

France
    WOW !! unfinished /in-progress, but good painted !! I can't wait to see finished .Bravo Joe

georges64
  11. fsdesimone Member

Joe that's looking awesome. Can't wait for you to finish it.
  12. Manfred Active Member

Your paintwork is extremely crisp and clean.

I don't want to see mine at this magnification at all ;)
  13. y_wong New Member

Dear Joe,

Very well painted. I have a question. From your SBS, I notice that you are leaving the painting of the face to the last. Is that your normal practice? For me I always start with the face as I find it the most challenging.

regards :)
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    awesome work Joe.......like everyone else I look forward to the finished figure.
  15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I can't wait to see this in the flesh...er metal in a little over a week. I see you added the chiscales,. Now onto my favorite part, the face.~Gary
  16. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Joe , You are doing a great job,as usual, I like the wood grain on the rifle.

keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc.
  17. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the very kind words. I too am looking forward to getting to the face and the rest, I have highlanders waiting!

Wong,

The reason for the face not being first is that I have a very, very sparse reference on anything that has to do with Napoleonic's and this being a Dutchman makes it even worse! :lol: Now the reason for the face not being painted is that I was unsure of how the head should or should not be. I had reworked the bearskin and just when I thought I could paint it I found out that he needed chinscales so I had to add them. I will now paint the face tonight, so cross your fingers for me that it turns out ok :) and then hopefully I will post pictures of it tomorrow.

I would like to say that thanks to Jim, Luis, Colin and Gary for all the help in getting me the answers to all these questions.

Gary,

Hopefully it will look ok in the metal. ;) I am the one looking forward to seeing the putty in the raw!

Joe
  18. Patrick Kirk New Member

Joe,
    It looks awesome; I can't wait to see the face done!

I am looking to try my hand at a Dutch Grenadier soon, and am learning alot watching this thread.

I think that the bearskin looks a lot better with your rework, Joe...and the rifle stock is excellent; care to tell us how you got that (I am on this wood grain kick, can you tell? ;) )

Take care; all the best

Patrick
  19. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Joe, this figure is looking awesome! I have (and still am) learned a lot while watching you bring this all together. Now on to your trademark fleshtones. Looking forward to this especially!

Jim Patrick
  20. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    You are doing just awesome Joe... really nice whites. I hope everything will go fine with the face :)