1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Duelling Napoleonic French Hussars project.

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Grod, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Folks

I am currently working on quite a large 3D project which I hope to have available for the Sword and Lance Show at Darlington at the end of this month.

The project is centred around one of my favourite topics and in accordance with my unending mission to try to please everyone it will be made available in bust form and full figures of varying scales. In order to gauge interest I have attached some pics of a 1/6th bust version of one of the two characters which feature in the project, a French Hussar Officer of the 7th Regiment. It stands 145mm tall inclusive of the plume.

I will be producing an initial run of 50 of these resin kits the price of which is £35.00 each and includes worldwide shipping.

If anyone is interested then please contact me ONLY by email me on gordonmi@hotmail.com
    I will post updates on PF conceding the other kits as they become available.

Cheers
    Gordon

P3020001.JPG P3020002.JPG P3020003.JPG P3020004.JPG P3020005.JPG P3020006.JPG P3020007.JPG P3020008.JPG P3020009.JPG P3020010.JPG
    Manfred, Gary_81, peedee and 16 others like this.
  2. hussar_lasalle New Member

United-States
    I hope for Keith will be this version keith.jpg
    Grod, OldTaff, malc and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jonthan mcmeekin Active Member

Just sent you an email to confirm my order pal!
    Cracking work as always.
    Cheers from sunny Cumbria.
    Jonathan
    Grod likes this.
  4. Graham P Member

Looking good as always
    Grod likes this.
  5. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    As Jonathan above.

But from sunny Tamworth.
    Grod likes this.
  6. misfit151 A Fixture

Email sent Gordon.....Mike (y).
    Grod likes this.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Really like this one.

marc
    Grod likes this.
  8. Jonthan mcmeekin Active Member

Sculpter Smulpter! Just as long as I get one I don't care;)
    Cheers again from even sunnier Cumbria! It must be spring.
    Jonathan
    Nap likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Me neither really just wondered ..deserves a big pat on the back !

Pouring here in Devon

Nap
  10. Jonthan mcmeekin Active Member

You need to move to the north pal! Come on, you know you want to! Everythings better here!:p
    Cheers
    Jonathan
    Billy Dickinson and Nap like this.
  11. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    You pair should meet in the middle....

Tamworth .
  12. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    This sounds like a very promising project, Gordon..... an excellent likeness of Harvey Keitel from the film. No doubt Mr. Keith Carradine will be just as good (y)
    To see them both in other scales will be very tempting. You are spoiling us all rotten with these marvellous Napoleonic offerings .:LOL:;)

Alan
    Grod, peedee and Graham P like this.
  13. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Duel !!
    Will be a headbutt fight :D
    Grod likes this.
  14. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A superb looking bust. Surely duels were fought in cotton shirts and breeches to make the surgeon's work easier should one of the principals be wounded? The same applied to Royal Navy Officers who wore stockings and breeches on the quarter deck.

Mike
    Grod likes this.
  15. Billy Dickinson PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Greetings from an equally sunny Isle of Man ...Gordon, would be interested in a version with legs, preferably around 75/90/120mm if possible.
    Best wishes,
    Billy
    Grod likes this.
  16. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    They were , Mike in the film "The Duellists" in their first duel, when Dubert was wounded. Subsequently, not only did they hack each other to exhaustion in a barn, semi naked, but duelled in full dress on horseback, "as a compliment to the cavalry". The story is taken from a novella by Joseph Conrad, and I never tire of going back to it.
    Ridley Scott did a magnificent job of bringing it to the screen. These new figures look as though they're being taken from the film.

Alan
    Grod likes this.
  17. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi
    The Duellists one of my favourite films
    Just placed an order ............Looks like this bust is going to be popular

Frank
    Grod likes this.
  18. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    duelist.jpg Yes, a pleasure, I see them standing on the grass crossing .... What ? Just a dream ? Those are busts !
    OK I will glue playingcards on the stands and calll them " The Card Players " ;)
    Grod likes this.
  19. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Folks

All invoices have been sent for pre orders.
    I initially missed a letter out of my email address which has now been rectified.
    If you ordered from me but haven't received an invoice please send me another message.
    Apologies for the cock up.
    Cheers
    Gordon
    Nap likes this.
  20. Graham P Member

love the large scale stuff and just starting on the grenadier.....how about a 200mm voltigeur or infantry carabinier now that would look snappy Graham
    Grod likes this.