1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Duchy of Warsaw drummer with child

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by misfit151, Jun 20, 2021.

1. misfit151 A Fixture

Hi all...well I've had to step away from the bench for now. otherwise I'll be tinkering forever lol... I think I'm almost there and resting my eyes before taking a fresh look later on .....

As mentioned before is an amazing sculpt from Richard Bailey for Bonepartes Military Models
    His rendition of clothing, fabrics and uniform drapery is superb.....It comes in two main pieces
    The head with attached Cape or sacking......and the main body with little girl as one piece...
    The usual bag of accessories is also included.....usual oil paint over acrylic undercoat....take care all ....all the best Mike. (y)

20210620_133257_resized.jpg 20210620_133309_resized.jpg

20210620_133326_resized.jpg 20210620_133348_resized.jpg 20210620_133402_resized.jpg
    20210620_133414_resized.jpg 20210620_133606_resized.jpg 20210620_133316_resized.jpg
  2. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wow Mike, that is fantastic. I like the colours, and the weathering. You've really done this piece justice.
  3. Ragnar Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I’m absolutely loving this piece well done Mike you must be very pleased with the result.
  4. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Superb ,great paintwork , I love it

Mobo
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mike

Another excellent project completed , like the colourful clothing , the child looks really good in particular ...at times awkward to get into to paint

Whites looks good , with the darker cape colour working well

Would also look good with snow effects on the piece IMO

Why not enter a piece into the class of your choice in our JUNE FOTM comp and also vote in MAY's classes as well

....And enter in Vignettes & Diorama #3 running till 31/01/22

Always good to see the artwork

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to the next

Happy benchtime

Nap
  6. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mike, I've just noticed, yours has a different plume on the czapka? Did it come with your kit, or did I miss you scratching it?
  7. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Outstanding! You really made this one come to life. Colors are fantastic
  8. misfit151 A Fixture

Hi Henk and many thanks for looking....appreciate your comments.....well spotted ... I've misplaced the plume that came with the kit....I managed to find a temporary one.....I'll probably find it now. (y). Mike
  9. misfit151 A Fixture

Thank you for looking in and your great comments....(y). Mike
  10. misfit151 A Fixture

Always appreciate your comments my friend.....(y). Mike
  11. misfit151 A Fixture

Many thanks Kev .....always appreciate your support. . Mike
  12. Cannonball A Fixture

Another stunning piece Mike. The colour combination on the child really works against all the white of the uniform.

Neal
  13. misfit151 A Fixture

Hi Neal and many thanks for your comments....all the best. (y). Mike