1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Drummer - Enigineer Company of the Imperial Guard

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Przeborz, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Przeborz Member

Czech-Republic
    Drummer - Enigineer Company of the Imperial Guard - 1811-14- Chronos Miniatures 54mm.

Hi! I decided to remove the paint from my figure and paint it again. The figurine was unlucky, it fell off the desk, fell into my daughter's hands, and I lost the swrods knot. IMG_20231126_091204.jpg IMG_20231126_091139.jpg IMG_20231126_091111.jpg IMG_20231126_093222.jpg IMG_20231126_093530.jpg
  2. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Nice figure.. are you going to fabricate a new sword knot.
    Przeborz likes this.
  3. Przeborz Member

Czech-Republic
    Thanks! maybe I should add that missing element. It's only a 2mm knot At the moment the "mini drummer" is standing on the shelf facing forward.
  4. Briggsy A Fixture

I like it, nice figure nice paint job marred slightly by the sheen. Have you tried the AK ultra matt varnish, it's as good as the old Testors dulcote but can be applied by brush.

Cheers Simon
    Floydie64 likes this.
  5. Przeborz Member

Czech-Republic
    Thanks Simon! I applied two layers of Vallejo polyurethane matt varnish. Probably too thin. I have to use the recommended AK ultra matt.
    Cheers
    Briggsy likes this.
  6. Rob A Fixture

Spain
    Really nice work in 54mm. Very unusual uniform. He looks good.
    Przeborz likes this.
  7. Przeborz Member

Czech-Republic
    Thanks Rob. Painting the same figure a second time was a little easier.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Nice to see what’s on the bench , interesting subject particularly with the helmet , wise words ref using the AK ultra Matt

Nice work on the plume ...might I suggest you reposition closer to the holder ...see below

Think about a simple base and some groundwork perhaps

Thanks for sharing

Nap

8C676EC7-BCB5-486F-854D-B8697DE14FD6.jpeg AA9027A7-7793-414B-900C-4D053467A190.jpeg
    Przeborz likes this.
  9. Przeborz Member

Czech-Republic
    Thanks Nap! I've seen these illustrations but now I see the incorrect position of the plume, I'll correct it. I will definitely use the ultra matt varnish.
    Cheers
    Nap likes this.
  10. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely done - one of my favorite Napoleonic uniforms. I agree that the crest and plume need a matt finish.

Mike
    Przeborz likes this.
  11. Briggsy A Fixture

The AK Ultra Matt is great, use it sparingly undiluted in thin coats, it has rescued a fair few of my older figures that looked rather shiny.

Cheers Simon
  12. Przeborz Member

Czech-Republic
    Thanks Simon! I have to go to the nearest modeling store to buy this varnish.
    Briggsy likes this.
  13. Przeborz Member

Czech-Republic
    Hi! I used ultra-matte varnish and corrected the position of the plume. IMG_20231223_092002.jpg
    Cheers!
    Przebor
    Viking Bob likes this.