1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Drummer Boy

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Brad S, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Brad S Member

This is Michael Roberts 120mm Drummer Boy. Very beautiful figure. This figure along with the crazy horse figure and a warrior bust have been on my desk for about a year. I made a pact with myself to finish these 3 before I start any new ones. I'm almost there. Hope you enjoy the pics. I usually don't paint napoleonic type figures so this one was a challenge. I also did not do a lot of research on this one. As always, critiques are part of the learning process and are welcome.

Brad Spelts

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Brad,

A very nice and colorful figure for sure! I think it looks great! I would love to see some close ups on the legs and the face though :)
  3. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Brad,

Nice job...very vibrant colors.

Mike
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Brad.....very colorful and each color done perfectly.
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I don't know if it is "accurate" either but I can't complain about the painting!
    Very well done. Shade and highs on the blues are really nicely done.

BTW, did the piece come with the trouser patch coming off or did you add that yourself?

Keith
  6. Brad S Member

Thanks everyone for the comments. I Dont' think it is entirely accurate. But I did find out that the drummer boy was issued a coat and hat but had to supply his own boots, pants, shirt. BTW Keith, The patch did come molded on the kit. It doesnt show on the pics, but I added stiching to the patch. My wife thought that was cool.
    I basically wanted it off my desk, but couldn't just leave it unfinished.

Brad Spelts
  7. jaime Member

Spain
    Hi, I like it. Excelent work

Cheers
  8. Jim Hockett Member

Brad,

This figure looks better every time I see it. Nice, rich colors. I'm going to have to get some pointers from you on blending acrylics.

Jim