1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Drummer Boy - 54mm Seil Miniature

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nick Majerus, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is the “Drummer Boy” by Seil in 54 mm. It was a very easy figure to assemble. The drum was done free hand, and all paints were acrylics. Still trying to master them and the flesh tones.

DSCN4881 (535x640).jpg

DSCN4882 (477x640).jpg

DSCN4883 (439x640).jpg

Nick Majerus
  2. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Great looking figure Nick.
    The detail on that drum is amazing.
    Also really like the ground and base you've put him on.

Hope to see this one in person some time.

Dave-
  3. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for the compliments on the figure. These 5 mm figures are pretty tough on my old eyes.

Glad you were able to make it to our show this year! If you ever want to attend one of our meetings, let me know.

Will enter this one in next year's show.

Nick
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very nice work Nick.
    For your next figure I suggest that you do more highlighting and shading. It seems all a bit flat in my opinion.

Marc
  5. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Marc,

Thanks, I'm having a hard time getting the hang of shading with acrylics, but will keep trying!

Nick
  6. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Nick-
    The drum freehand & the groundwork are both outstanding. Not that I don't believe you, but it's hard to believe the eagle is freehand, it looks that well done. The blue goes well with the green groundwork.

Mike
  7. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mike,
    Thanks for your comments. The eagle was the hardest part of the figure. It took me several attemps to get it where it is.

Nick
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Very nicely done Nick particularly the Drum and base work-in fairness I think the figure with the long coat presents very little opportunity for much Highlighting and Shading. I agree with Marc though perhaps you could have forced more shadow in the more obvious areas but possibly the camera has bleached out some of your work-the rest of the work makes up for it.

Keith
  9. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Keith,

Thanks for your comments. I have two more 54 mm ACW drumers to paint, and I hope I can do the drums as well as this one!

Nick