1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Drummer, 7th Regt. of Foot, 1781

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is one of my latest sculpts. It was also a excersice in trying to find the 'perfect putty' to work with. This time a mix of Duro and Magic Sculpt was used.

For more pictures check out my blog where there are several in progress and SBS shots. The Bench

The figure is from the 7th Fusliers, or 7th Regt of Foot, from the battle of Cowpens. The British attacked what they thought was a defeated Continental army, but instead they ended up getting over run by a bayonet charge! The figure is supposed to be hauling for his life, having just thrown off his cumbersome drum which was holding him back.

[IMG]

Attached Files:

Ray, rodrigrinch, kpk and 13 others like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Anders , excellent sculpting and a great action pose, I like what you've achieved with the drum, it almost looks like it's suspended off the floor. Brilliant work. (y)

Cheers Ken
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice, Anders!

Great action! I agree with Ken that the combination of the drum and the frozen-in-space look of the drum strap contribute nicely.

So what do you think about the combination of Duro and MS? I'm curious because about 6 months ago I started using a mix of about 5 parts MS to 1 part Duro (more or less) and I kinda like it.

All the best,
    Dan
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great action Anders.
    Carl.
  5. ChrisP Active Member

Greece
    Very nice work Anders,i've been watching the progress almost every day in your blog.Do you have in mind to do something like that for a company so we can paint it?
    Regards, Chris.
  6. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    very very nice indeed. he'd be ditching the drumsticks next I bet....
  7. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Yes, excellent...truly a moment frozen in time.
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Your best so far Anders! (y)
    The motion of the drum and figure pose are excellent -

I especially like the slight forward tilt of the bearskin hat giving it an opposite-dynamic kinetic line of motion (like a football player cutting and running, head forward)
  9. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Looks great, Anders. Excellent dynamic pose and dramatic scene. Keep up the great work, compliments.

best regards
    Artur
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks one and all!! I hope to be able to get some paint on this guy soon!
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Anders,
    this is the one of your best i've seen. You get action in the figure just like Bill Horan did. Hopefully you gonna produce the figures.

Marc
  12. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Cool piece Anders and have to agree re frozen moment especially with the mid air falling drum sling!! Welldone buddy :)

Ray ;)
  13. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Excellent work !!!
  14. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys :)

Marc,

This is a one off, though I have been slated to sculpt a couple of revolutionary war figures for commercial release later this year.
  15. Von Luch Active Member

United-States
    Hi Anders,

I'm becoming a big fan of your work, Anders! I've noticed a rapid improvement of your sculpting and painting skills over the last couple years. Very, very impressive work. On your blog site, I noticed the photo on your work bench. Is that recent? I think I saw three or four pieces on your desk! Man, you are plugging right along. Keep up the fantastic work! Like your other works, I'll be looking forward to seeing this painted! (y)(y)(y)

Jim
  16. Elaphus Active Member

Germany
    Hello Anders,

absolut great sculpting, i like your work !!!

And also your blog is fantastic, very inspirational !

Greetings

Karsten
  17. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Anders,
    Great action figure and nicely complemented base.
    Cheers
    John
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you one and all. I am also glad the blog is of interest! I started it because I love reading others blogs, so hoped someone would like mine as well.

Jim,

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, it's recent, was taken the same day I posted it. Got a few projects on the go, though have been pretty slow lately. Has been a lot of distractions, but I hope to get more focused here soon once more! What it is really, is that i just need to paint more, as I have several sculpts done that needs paint. I just get intertested in something and sculpt it...then onto the next thing. Bad focus, but I'm working on it! Thanks again!
  19. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Anders,
    Beautiful sculpted figure!
    Looking forward to see it painted.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Anders,excellent sculpting.I'm sure this will paint up really nicely

Stephen