1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Drum Major - next steps

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Jul 9, 2004.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Here are a few more shots of the sculpting process of this drum major.Next in line will be the right arm.Please fire away :lol:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Stephen Mallia
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic Stephen.................I enjoy following your steps to a complete figure.
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Stephen,

Nice progress. I was wondering about the folds on the front of the pants, they look pretty 'thick', like the material used was like heavy wool or something similar. This may be the case though as I am unfamiliar with this period. Keep up the good work!
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Stephen, my friend, your figure is coming along nicely,I'm really enjoying the step by step.(y)

Keep up the good work and happy sculpting. ;)

Ciao.

Roc. :)
  5. DrLutz Member

Israel
    Hi Stphen!
    Nice work. I enjoy very much to watch the process.
    Pay attention to a left tail. Isn't it a little bit longer then a right one or it's only seems to me?
    What clay do you use for sculpting? It's smoothness looks really great.

Best wishes
    DrLutz
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GREAT JOB,Stephen (y) (y) !! Looking forward to the next step in your project ! BTW,what company's spare head did you use ? Looks full of character,I like it alot ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  7. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Anders.Thanks. Yeah I think a little thinning on the upper folds won't do them any harm.Tahnks for pointing it out.

Stephen Mallia
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Vlad , thanks for the comments.The tail is slightly lower on that side because of the position of the leg.Since it's coming forward a bit the tail comes down slightly.Maybe a little less than it is :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  9. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Kenneth.Thanks.The head is from Mussini but I had to work on it a bit. I resculpted the eye area especially the bags and added the moustache.Still have to do the whiskers and hair.They are good heads though.I use them a lot

Stephen Mallia