1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Dragoon of the Imperial Guard

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JGREEN, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Great work as always sir. Elevating yourself to one of the best with every piece.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Painted up to perfection Jason.
    Great.

marc
  3. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Alexandros, Ron, Gilbert, Xenofon, Giovanni, Pedro, Maurizio, Eduardo, Brian, Jim, Mike, Steve, Carl, Daniel, John, David, Meizi, Piotr, and Mike:

Thank you guys for your very kind comments!

Gilbert - My mix for white is white, black, and english uniform. I occasionally throw in other colors for "flavor," but thats basically it. More black for a cooler white, more english uniform for a warmer white. The boots are just plain black, with a little satin varnish near the top. Then, I applied thin veils of the dirt color to the lower parts of the boots, increasingly opaque toward the bottom. Regarding your PM question about red, the shade of green you're using may have something to do with (try experimenting with some different shades), but its probably not really the issue. I think the key is - dont rely solely on green for your shadows. Use some of the darker Vallejo reds, hull red, black red, even black in addition to the green for your shadows.

Jason
  4. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Marc!

Jason