1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Dragoon Militia, Sir John Gell's Regt, 1643

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by valiant, Jun 29, 2013.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

My latest effort - another conversion of a Miniart 1/16 Netherlands Musketeer, 17th C.

As a companion piece to my recent Bagot's Rgt, Sergeant at Arms, I have chosen to depict a Dragoon Militiaman of Sir John Gell's Rgt, a Parliamentarian regiment raised in Derby. As these two regiments were often in conflict at various engagements across the Staffs/Derbyshire border, it seemed quite fitting!

Still masses of work to do, I have sculpted new breeches, much fuller than the kit, cuirass, front and back plate, new tunic skirts and added sash, minus bow, so far. Musket is the kit item, cut and shut to make a carbine, kit sword to be added, both arms cut for repositioning, the right arm will rest on the carbine barrel and the left arm will hold a swallow-tailed Guidon. Morion helmet will also recieve some surgery, as will the face (as it is identical to the other one!)

I hope you like it so far, more pics to follow,

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

Steve, YongA01 and billyturnip like this.
  2. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    Nice start, just goes to show what you can do with these moulded figures and how you can enhance them.
    cheers
    Richie
  3. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Steve ,

As always a lovely conversion in progress .....like the weaponary and the pose , working on the originals and making them into what you produce is great fun to see progress

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for looking, guys. This is another of those labour of love things! The kit itself is OK, but does need a lot of TLC to make it useable, but as I picked them both up for under a tenner each, theyre a great starting point and reasonably accurate!

A bit more progress today, more pics to follow.

Steve