1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dragoon in Progress

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Larry R, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Larry R New Member

First figure done in oils since conversion over to the dark side. Most work done in acrylics...still not sure which medium I'll stick to. Thoughts and comments appreaciated.

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thats a tough choice sometimes Larry, paint in which medium today? I use all 3 mediums that are most popular and depending on what the desired effect I want to reach, will use the medium that best shows it. All my skin tones are now tube oils. After that I branch out to floquil and Humbrol enamels and acrylics is probably the least used of the 3 main. I do alot of washes with acrylics and favor no particular brand. To me it is what you are most comfortable with and what you feel looks the best. Keep up your great work.....love the skin tones you achieved and of coarse the green and yellows are super. (y)

guy
  3. johnbrewer New Member

welcome Lawrence to the planet!. Excellent looking figure. Use the medium that you feel most at comfortable with for the job you are doing. It is the painter that is using the paint that is the most important bit of the equation. to me it looks like you are doing a great job.
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Great job,Larry (y) Keep up the good work and post more when you're done Welcome to the "planet" :lol: Cheers Kenneth.
  5. Larry R New Member

Thanks guys. I should finish this project this weekend and will post the final product
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Larry,

I think it is looking really nice and I am looking forward to seeing it finished.

Joe
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Larry-

I think it looks really great. The yellows and greens especially are nicely captured.

I have not settled on a particular medium. My last three figs have been... enamel, acrylic, oil, acrylic or some combination.

I keep seeing how well others are doing here in the different mediums and I think... "Oh, shoot I better fo back to (insert medium here) on my next figure."

Keith
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Larry, the Dragoon is looking nice,looking forward to the fimished product.

My medium of choice is oils, over an undercoat of acrylic paint.

Cheers.

Roc.