1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Dragon SS Panzer grenadier point man.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Lew J, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all.

This is one of four of the Panzer grenadiers for the diorama I'm working on, as the title suggests he is the point man.

I wanted him to look like he's calling a halt to the group when he comes across a dead SS soldier (a conversion in progress) partially buried in the snow.

Forgot to mention I swapped his head for a Verlinden one as it was a lot better quality, and the Dragon one had his right ear missing.

Hope you all like him thanks Lew J.

Attached Files:

Trep, Mike S., Steve and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Nice job Lew. The white is very well done.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  3. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Adrian, I wanted to give the coat a grubby look rather than stark white glad you like it.

Lew J.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Have to agree with that.
    Great job,
    Carl.(y)
  5. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Hey dude. I like the figure, my only critique of it is more tactical than painting; being that he's walking point, it just struck me as a bit strange that he's carrying a Panzerfaust as his weapon of choice and not his MP40 at the ready. Not to take away from the work you've done his far, just thought it was worth pointing out.
  6. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Just a touch of Vietcong pointman.lol. Great work my friend I like it very much.:)
  7. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all, thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated.

I had thought about putting a 98K in his hand, but went for the Panzerfaust to show he means business plus I didn't know how to have the Panzerfaust in a stowed position as I thought it was a throw away weapon.

But I do see your point Stephen, call artistic license lol.

Thanks, Lew J.