1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dr. Doom Bust WIP

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by PeteR., Nov 27, 2007.

1. PeteR. New Member

Hi!
    Just wanted to show my latest project : The sinister Dr. Doom from Marvel universe. The armor painting was fun because the cracked look was a mistake: The Alclad II paint was not fully dry when I Gloss coated it so the varnish itself started to crack all over the figure. After the Shock (and the support from my friends) I decided to stay with this unique look. I also "washed" the surface of the armor with thinned black paint to get the cracks more visible.

Link : http://www.pienoismallit.net/galleria/malli_2087/

Ps. I´m not much of a painter so don´t be shocked :D
  2. diosytexas Member

England
    hi pete. i think you have done a great job. maybe the doom fans may think it doe's not look right. but for me a mistake has given the bust a great look. well done. dave.
  3. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Very cool effect!
    Yeah, the colors aren't authentic...but so what :)
    I really like it. Nice job.
    I can't wait to hear what Luca (the sculptor) thinks of it. :D
    Craig
    PS: Whoever told you that you weren't much of a painter..stop listening to them :)
  4. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Pete-

I like it too. Great effect. Thanks for showing this one! :)

Keith
  5. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    thats a very nice rendition, good idea.
  6. Calvin Member

Absolutely stunning effect, will add it to the related gallery if you do not mind. The only suggestion I have (if you plan to do more stuff that way) is to use more different colors at time (silver, gold, etc.).
    Eyes are perfect and prove you have an excellent technique, due to the way the piece has been sculpted they are very difficult to paint, those which have that kit know what I mean.
  7. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    love the cracks !!
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Pete, not much of a pinter, huh? Looks mighty nice to me. I agree, it might have held more eye-appeal to have more colors, but I think the idea of it being "monochromaric" like it is draws attention to the eyes, which are VERY well painted BTW! The cracked effect is really cool! Glad your buddies were able to talk you into keeping it.

Jay H.
    OKC
  9. PeteR. New Member

Thanks All! Notice that the bust unfinished, I´ll add the usual Green robe and paint some detail parts with gold. It should be finished in a few days or so.
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very cool.

Cheers
    Roc
  11. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Great job my friend!!!!!!!
  12. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Absolutely amazing work. Your painting on eyes and effect on metal is brilliant . Bravo my friend !!!