1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Douglas Fairbanks as d'Artagnan

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by MAX.I.G, Jul 21, 2014.

1. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Your sculpts and prints are exceptional Max! They really stand out.

I'm much impressed by the printing resolution for the small figures. It seems like there is no 'grain' visible at all, correct? (I mean in your other posts; I know this one is a digital image..).

Cheers
    Adrian
  3. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    Printing resolution is 25 microns but we have NanoCure material from manufacturer, it makes figure be glossy and shiny. But if you use microscope or big lens for photo you can see layers. But not by naked eye.
  4. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I am really happy with the sculpt and am looking forward to seeing the grown figure. This is our first foray into the world of grown figures.
  5. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    "Grown" figures? Sorry, i have no idea what this means. At least it is not "groan" figures...... :wtf:

I will be interested to see how this turns out.
  6. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    Jeff likes this.
  7. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    Grown - because they grow layer by layer from nanoceramic photopolymer . So this figure can be printed in any scale.
    Jeff likes this.
  8. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Awesome looking sculpt. great likeness,great pose. Keep up the good work
    Jeff likes this.
  9. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    Mike you should know that I love hand sculpted figures. Our whole line up to this point has been hand sculpted figures. I am trying to embrace this new techonolgy and it is only in the last few years that I think it has come to a point where you can get a nice figure from the process. Ten years ago I was tasked with cleaning up and painting 3D printed objects and it took a lot of work to clean them up and get them looking good. I am now seeing figures fresh out of printers that look really good.
  10. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    On the whole a very impressive album. I suspect the future of our hobby will include hand sculpted and 3D printed figures, in the same way that painting still exists alongside photography.

Mike
    Jeff likes this.
  11. Jazz A Fixture

England
    The way of the future. I never cease to be amazed how far this hobby has come in the last 40 years.
  12. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I have cast up the parts and the figure is almost ready for the spin casting mold. I did a quick test fit of the first parts out of the mold just to see one put together. So sorry for the glue that squeesed out of the joints. Like I sad just a quick test.

Attached Files:

captnenglish and Wings5797 like this.
  13. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    Cool! but i don't see face . Problem in resin or light? i think on metal will be ok?
  14. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    very interesting figure
  15. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    Yes the figure has a face. it is just a bright highlight. He is holding the sword master becuse at the time I took the photo I was having trouble with the mold for the sword. I now have working mold for the sword.

Attached Files:

Martin64 likes this.
  16. Jim Active Member

I like the jaunty, devil-may-care pose that was typical of Fairbanks. That looks like it'll be a nice figure.
  17. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    Here is a close up of of a cleaned up head casting.

Attached Files:

captnenglish likes this.
  18. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    Douglas Fairbanks molds almost done.

Attached Files:

19. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    Figures are cast and boxed just waiting for labels.

Attached Files:

20. Tinseltown Active Member

Belgium
    Wow, as a movie and mini lover, I truly love this one :)

Best of both worlds, to quote Robert Palmer ;-)