1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Doughboy & Royal Marine Commando

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, Jul 9, 2005.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    World Expo filled with new enthusiasm. Here are a couple of new things I have going;

The first is an American Doughboy ca 1918. It's 75mm and scratchbuilt. I still have a lot of work to do, but I think it may be the best face I've ever done.

[IMG]

This next one is an old Chota Sahib Royal Marine Commando. I modified it with a Historex head, and repositioned the right arm. The Sten had to be redone as well. The left hand will be holding a beret full of eggs. I enjoyed the Parawino figure I did so much that I wanted to do something in the same vein again.

[IMG]
  2. LCoote New Member

Australia
    John, I love the doughboy! it's a great looking face, did you scratch the helmet as well, the only thing is the shape of the boots look a bit odd.
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, The doughboy is great I love the relaxed look of the figure.~Gary
  4. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Gotta agree with the doughboy, excellent pose!

Jason
  5. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. I worked on the pose of the Doughboy to get just the right slouch.

Leigh, I agree about the boots. I don't know if the puttees come down far enough or if the uppers need to be redone.
  6. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks good John......I look forward to the next step.
  8. PHIL WALDEN Member

Hello John,, love the idea of the Doughboy his body language looks good....just a wee thought, the calves, do you think the puttees could be built up, the calves just look a little thin,... couple layers of masking tape,..I reckon hes going to be a beauty.....
    phil
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME pose on the Doughboy,John;just the right amount of "slouch" to the whole figure !! WELL DONE !
    Kenneth.
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I think both are great ideas for figures and well-sculpted! ;)

Wonderful pose on the doughboy! I agree with Phil - it's the calves that don't quite fit. Suggestion - Why don't you have him holding the rifle with the hand on the right of the pic and lifting his helmet and pushing it back with the hand on the left of the pic? This would indicate maybe tiredness, a short break after a long march, the helmet is getting a bit heavy, etc.

All the best,
    Dan
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, they both look great, I prefer the Royal marine command. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)