1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

DOOM³ Pinky Demon WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Frank-Holger, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Frank-Holger Member

This creature is mostly known by Gamers. I bought me the MAKING OF DOOM³ and looked at the creature. A bit Desgng changing was done and the fun could begin. Now it is halfway finished. The most fun will be know adding the rear Endoskelelton parts, all will be scratched from Plasticparts, bits, pieces from the scrapbox and cabels galore. It might look a bit strange now, but this will change when the rest is added. Ah, teeth are missing, too...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The figure is although in 120mm and sculpted in MagicSculpt over an Aluminium Foil armature. This evening I will start doing the Endoskeleton!

Frank
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Verey cool, looking for4ward to seeing more.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  3. Frank-Holger Member

Thanks, Roc, I hope this critter will come out as planed!

Frank
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Frank
    It is really nice, but i cannot make a head or tail on this figure. So i what to your next step.

Marc
  5. Frank-Holger Member

Marc, the "head" of this creature is there where the holes are in the gums for teeth. The rest of the body with the pair of rear legs will be some kind of mechanical Endoskeleton and will be added within the next days or weeks.

The Pinky is some kind of animal Terminator, created in the depths of hell (in the game) to go on a rampage with a lot of ugly creatures in a Mars Station.

Wait a While and see how the creature continues!

Frank
  6. MinasTirithGuard New Member

I always jumped every time one of those charged in the game...

Looks very good so far, I'll enjoy seeing the metal frame of it come together.
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice interpretation of the game character. There are a number of miniature game characters that would lend themselves well in a larger 3D format.~Gary
  8. Frank-Holger Member

Gary, you are right! I have seen only a small bunch of actually available figures based on the DOOM games. But it is like anytime: If there isn´t something available, do it yourself.

I think, my next DOOM character will be the ManCubus.

Frank
  9. Bart Member

Belgium
    Hi Frank,

again this one is looking really great.. I love it ;)

By the way, what colour are you going to paint him? I'm not that familiar with these game figures.

Keep up the good work, you're doing a marvellous job. Wish I could sculpt like that.

Best wishes

Bart
  10. Frank-Holger Member

Uah, thanks, Bart! But I guess it will be a long road to go!

The Pinky will be painted in a fleshy colour, with all the metall stuff of the endoskeletton in different metall colours and weathered like, hm, hell, of cause!

The mouth wil be a bit blood splattered, just a bit, not done tastless and the fleshtones will come out rotten, I hope (greenish/grey/purple washings a lot!).

Frank