1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Don't worry buddy, we'll get ya out of here

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Had some time today to mess around with these guys. I am basically finished with the wounded fella, with the exception of a few corrections and details, as well as adding all the gear to the webbing . This was the first time that I've ever done webbing, and it is kind of fun acctually.

The Standing guy is comming along, still a lot of work to be done on him though. Here are the latest pictures, please be patient as they might take a while to load. Let me know what you think of them so far, especially on the two of them together, and how you think they go together.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I keep thinking about the song "I Liiiiiiiiiiiiiike big butts..." :lol:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
  3. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Coming along nicely dood

Robin
  4. Pete_H New Member

So far so good. I like the way you did the webgear with putty - definitely not an easy thing to do and you did it well ;) Why not tilt the standing GI's head down as if looking at his wounded comrade? This would direct the viewer's eye to the wounded GI and provide a clear-cut focal point to the vignette. Besides, think about it: why would he be calling out to "nobody" in front of them that he'll get him out? He'd be looking down at his wounded buddy and telling him this for reassurance.

Keep it up. You're onto something good here (y)
  5. jitch0t Member

Spain
    nice picture show, very useful! keep it coming, i think it's growing very nicely.

the butt looks big now but when you finish the jacket it won't :p
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks :) I feel that I have a lot more control with the putty then I do with plastic stock, thats why I try to do as much with putty as possible.

As for the position of the pulling guys head, I wanted him to look where the fire is comming from, incase I added another guy. It also tends to help if you keep your neck straight when pulling something, and I feel that if he is looking down, both guys are not in 'contact' with the viewer.
  7. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    IMO the composition looks fine. The head looking up and straight, gives a sense of weight and strain.
    I also agree that there should be some contact with the viewer.
    Awesome work so far buddy! Keep at it!
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Anders,ditto the comments of the other posters, (y) (y) (y) Can't wait to see your further progress shots ! Keep it up,my friend.Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  9. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Anders, I have been watching this come along VERY nicely. I always enjoy watching you sculpt. I wish i were half as good. Have you given any thought as to the composition (groundwork) yet? I don't know, when I look at it I see 2 guys at the edge (or in) a rice patty with bullet splashes (1 or 2) around them. Just me though and being as this is yours, I llok forward to seeing what you come up with.

Jim Patrick
  10. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Anders

This is looking like a great little vignette; you have a canny knack of making me want to sculpt a 54mm (ot 1/35, whatever) modern subject.

Think I feel a hedgerow coming along!

:)

Rob
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Guys!

Sorry for the late response :)

Jim,

I am kind of thinking some tall grass, kinda like Buffalo Grass, like in the very beginning of Hamburger Hill, where they get picked up by the Huey, and they fight in the tall grass (atleast thats how I remember it, havent seen the movie in a long time). I am not sure how to portray the 'threat' but Im sure I'll think something out, but I think thats where the third guy laying down cover fire would come in play, he could indicate where the danger is comming from.

Rob,

I would love to see you sculpt something modern! How about some Brits in Iraq?
  12. Edson Member

Mexico
    Great Talent, great hand to work buddy, congrats

Regards
    Ed :)
  13. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    WOW Anders,

you're keep getting better and better. When will we see the first Anders models appear in the shops?

Keep up the excellent work.

Greetz,

Gino.

P.S. A very happy birthday, a good health, a lots of nice moments with your girl and lots of those excellent models. (better late then never)