1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Dog Tag 1/16 US Pilot Pacific Theatre

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Peter Day, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The year was 2000 Phil. Where did the time go?! Two whole decades and counting. Life's like the water vortex in the bath: The less of it you have left, the faster it vanishes down the plughole. Scary really.

I thought that was a great venue, very modern and light. When the show returned to Leas Cliff in 2001 following its refurb the previous year, I remember being underwhelmed and thinking that it hardly looked any different to how it had looked in 1999. I think they gave it a quick lick of paint and maybe ran round with the duster & polish, but that was about it :confused:.

@Peter: Your finished result is superb. This figure has never really been on my radar, but you have done a fantastic job on him.

- Steve
    Airkid likes this.
  2. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Fantastic work Peter! I really like it. (y):)

Cheers,
    Ken
  3. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Steve - Hi. Pleased that you like this one. I'm now working on a 120mm Verlinden German re-tread and thoroughly enjoying myself. Return greetings to Mr Race. A frosty start but lots of sunshine and no snow, thankfully.

Nap - Many thanks.

Steve - Never been inside the Leas Cliff Hall, but was over in Folkestone a couple of weeks ago for my Covid jab. They have doe a lot of work to tidy up the town over the last few years and the place is beginning to look very shiny indeed. Still a lot of high street blight though - the vaccination centre was in the old Debenhams building.

Ken - Many thanks. Really enjoying doing full figures again.
    KenBoyle likes this.
  4. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

wonderful paintwork, beautiful figure

Mobo
  5. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Mobo.