1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Does any one know where I can fine 54mm swords and weapons used by Mahdists in the Sudan?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Von Bock, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks to Steve of Reedees Miniatures I have the British items I need for a future project. A million thanks to a Great guy and friend for supplying me with the British items I needed. Now for the Manhdists weapons like swords and daggers spears not sure what other weapons they used in 1885 but those are mentioned in the Osprey book on the Sudan Campaigns 1881-1898 Anyone have any ideas where I might find these or something close? Thank you for any help. Regards, Brock.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  3. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I believe there is at least one Planeteer, from Russia, who has posted that he can make weapons of any period, in various scales. I do not recall offhand who it was, but I remember the discussion. He posted photos of medieval weapons, and I asked whether he made any for the 18th century. He may reply to this thread, or you could do a search for it. But it is certainly possible.

Prost!
    Brad
    DaddyO likes this.
  4. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Brad and 1879 miniatures. for the info. Regards, Brock
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Those tip's broadened sword in a scabard ???!!!!
    :ROFLMAO:
  6. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    theBaron likes this.
  7. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You can find the post on PF here:-
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...from-st-petersburg-studio.121134/#post-957472
    It includes a link to their website.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    theBaron likes this.
  8. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank ou Victor and Andrew for your help. I'm going to give all those a good look through. Regards, Brock
  9. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think you'll find that a Kaskara sword is straight:-

Kaskara sword.jpg

I don't know why the scabbard has a bulge at the end. Perhaps someone with better knowledge can enlighten us.

As to the sword which widens towards the tip, I'd doubt that it had a scabbard; or the scabbard was very wide.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  10. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Thanks for the info, Andrew, I was misleaded by the second drawing were you see a bulging naked blade

Best
  11. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Look on Silver Dream's website. Here's what I said about his stuff at the time. It is excellent.

"I got some of these and they arrived a couple of days ago.
    They are amazing! Total quality throughout. They're made in steel and feel indestructible! They are the Rolls-Royce of weapon sets.

Thanks Sergey - these things are absolutely superb in every way. I cannot recommend these highly enough."
  12. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the info I'll give them a look. regards, Brock