1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

DML 1/16 panzerjager WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Aug 14, 2009.

1. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi all.....

i have spent some time prepping this offering from Dragon, i have added insignia from Lionroars set added some strap work and wire, sling on the gun and i went over the figure with a knife and added undercuts and re-scored some of the seams, not sure it was worth the effort but i enjoyed the exercise :)

comments, crits and any help always appreciated

tommorow the undercoat goes on :)

[IMG]
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    There's a good impression of movement and urgency Mark, good start mate.

Roger
  3. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Looks nice, I would relocate the chest eagle it's located in the wrong spot.
    Keep up the good work and can't wait to see it painted.
    Panzer Mrosko
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Well spotted Chris, I think the wreath with should be directly above the pocket button.

Roger.

However having said that during my own time in the forces I've seen some pretty shoddy sewing on of badges, including on the wrong side altogether. :D
  5. rodrigrinch Member

Mexico
    hi Mark, really good one, keep looking for the progress,
    saludos
    Rodrigo
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    The extra effort you put in on this Mark, will show up well when you paint him.

Cheers David
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Good progress Mark. The extra uniform details will certainly challenge you when it comes time to paint them.
  8. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Excellent start, Mark.
    I made this figure before, too.
    It's a very wonderful figure, isn't it?
    I expect your version very much.

Mitsutaka
  9. Jeff T Well-Known Member

Australia

Nice preparation Mark!!

As the others said, this should add a lot to the finished result.

Great work!

Cheers,
    Jeff.
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is looking like it will be anoyther nice looking figure mate.

steve
  11. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mark,

Looking good so far! I like the hanging straps you've added above the pouches.

Is that Waffen-SS collar patches and belt buckle you've used there? If so Chris is right, the chest eagle will have to come off and the W-SS version put on the arm.

Cheers,
    Jon.
  12. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Roger ... cheers mate :)

Panzer .... ARgh! i knew i'd louse up one of these, volstad's artwork shows it correctly, the model was wrong and i followed that, but see Jons comment below... and thanks :)

Rodrigo .... many thanks :)

David .... Again thank you :)

Tony ... yes i've been itching to get these on a figure as they are so beautifully detailed :) and thanks

Mitsutaka .... it is a great figure... can we see a picture of yours? and many thanks again :)

Jeff ... thanks :)

Steve ... cheers mate :)

Jon .... yeah i decided on WSS as the photoetched ones in the Lionroar set are superb .... oh Rats! left upper arm! thanks for the observation, better now than when i've finished eh? Again many thanks :)

Face Painting..........

undercoated and semi- disasembled. will sort the eagle tommorow :eek:

i've about finished the face and the hands are almost done. i think its worked out. i had altered the face slightly by adding bags under his eyes, deepening the lines on the face and altered the mouth and opened it a bit....

a picture.

[IMG]
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Looking good Mark and you can obviously disregard what I said about the positioning of the eagle now I know it's waffen ss. :)

Roger.
  14. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Roger :) yeah i know i'm such a twit hehe
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    and me, good job Jon came along :)
  16. Instructorrob Active Member

Netherlands
    Great face Mark. Eyes are stunning.

Robert
  17. JasonB A Fixture

United-States
    I have this figure and know that the detail you have added does a lot for it. The face is looking very good as well. One thing I might suggest is to change how he is carrying the MP-40 by moving his hand closer to the magazine, and angle the MP-40 slightly so that the magazine is pointing slightly outward. The cocking lever would be right in the web of his hand between the thumb and forefinger. The MP-40 would be a little heavier on that end with the mag inserted so this would balance it out. That area is also the more natural spot to grasp it on the real thing. Keep up the good work, it inspires me to do more work on mine.
  18. sirhogr Member

Greece
    Great work so far Mark!!
  19. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Robert... many thanks :)

Jbirch .... thanks for the input. again volstad's art work shows the gun like that, i have moved the grip forward but left the vertical position as was :) i really like these old dragon figures, warts and all

George ... many thanks :)

finished the face and started to spread the paint about a bit :) hands need fingernails and some dirt. not decided on the helmet cover yet. there is a really nice texture on it and i'm considering doing it in a plain colour to show the form. any thoughts?

pikture

[IMG]
  20. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    decided to stick with the helmet cover ( wermacht ( but issued to all arms after about 1942 ish and also lots made in the field... ) and have done the camo in zelt style material.

collar is now a bit more plausable :)

cheers for the input guys :)

2 pictures this time as i tacked him together to take to my local club :D

[IMG]

[IMG]