1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP DML 1/16 6th Army Oberfeldwebel 1942

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Dec 22, 2009.

1. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Carl!

yes i did a bit of digging and found this one :) where are you getting your avatars? i'm having trouble keeping up ;)

Mark

PS- hope you had a great Crimbo!!
  2. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Beautiful paintwork sofar Mark!
    It´s gonna be a superb figure!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  3. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Great progress Mark.
    The fresh tone and the feel of a material of the uniform are wonderful.
    I expect your work of future very much.

Mitsuatka
  4. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Marcel ... many thanks!

Mitsutaka ... thank you very much :)

Update.....

work on the uniform is steady and i have the pants about finished and the tunic is almost done. i have got the basic leather done on the webbing, belt and boots.

[IMG]
  5. Djoubri M Well-Known Member

France
    Superb work
    like it a lot

Mahmoud
  6. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mahmoud .... thank you! :)

I have been working on the equiptment so that i can get the arms on and so finish the tunic fabric.

cross hatching on the ppsh pouch will need toning down, the shovel blade is about right but the handle needs some more work, the map case is about done but i'll worry at it some more i think

[IMG]
  7. Recon Active Member

Norway
    The shovel looks spot on! Very nice work!

I am always looking forward to your new post because of the in progress shots and the quality of the photography!

-Sverre
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Mark,

awesome fieldgrey.
  9. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sverre .... many thanks :)

Pedro .... thank you! :) still some work on the field grey yet .......

update ..........

most of the kit is now done, some finesing as usual and the cup of the canteen and its strap need finishing. the helmet is going to be covered in mud so went for a battered paint look so it will show through a little...

the shoulder boards are covered with a cloth cover ( anti sniper move? ) and they need painting up. gun and it's strap are done.

The end is in sight for this figure :)

[IMG]
  10. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Left arm is on for good now. lots still to do but right arm should be on next day or so :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    right arm in place, will need to fill the joint, but only a little, and straps to add to the binoculars.........

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Are you going to bring the little fellow on Sunday? Weather permitting.
    Carl.
  13. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Carl ... weather permiting is the question! it's 2 1/2 hours from here to there on a nice day :) but i may bring this along :)

Mark
  14. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    I love the color transitions on the uniform. Really subtle but very effective... The woodgrain is perfect. Any tips?

Great work so far; I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Mario
  15. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mario ..... many thanks :)

the wood is done with acrylics, base with white or any flesh/sand colour, ( i usually add colours to the wooden parts as i use them elsewhere on the equiptment, so leather colours, some flesh colours and even greens etc. ) ....

All colours are applied very thinned!

over the white base i paint very thin lines and whorles ( is that a word? )in black. these will be the deepest grain effects. add washes, blobs and more lines of colours ( gw vermin brown, gw dark flesh, gw scorched brown and AV Burnt umber ) if it needs it add some light colours like sands and yellows. allow 20 mins or so for it to set and then add washes over the whole thing, i used burnt umber but very very thin, this will tie all the colours together, add red and some klear to make varnish colours etc

pm me if you need any other info :)

almost finished! some tiny bits and bobs to sort and some weathering once i get a bit of groundwork sorted :)

[IMG]
  16. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark, excellent result, another superbly painted figure. (y)(y)

Cheers Ken
  17. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    i have this kit laying around somewhere and i would never have envisaged it looking like this when i opened the box, just shows what you can do with tallent.

Exellent job Mark, what you got planned for the groundwork ?

Steve
  18. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Beautiful

Hi Mark,

let me find adjectives to classified your work:
    awesome, superb, amazing etc etc...
    You done a fantastic work on that 6th army soldier. How do you removed the ugly plastic bandolier that came with this kit?
    The improvements in this particulary case are simply amazing my friend.
    Congratulations one of the best!!
  19. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ken .... Thank you very much :)

Steve ....Cheers mate :) these kits are pretty good. groundwork is going to be ultra simple as the pose is so static :)

Pedro .... Thank you!!! these are good models. the Horrible plastic bandolier / sling i carved off and replaced with paper. :)

bases and plaques ........ grrrrrr!

being as my budget is so tight ATM i went to my local woodworkers and got him to knock me up a few very basic bases with centre holes drilled :) Basic! but cheap too ...

i have veneered it with the thin rolls of wood from inside cigar tubes ( an old friend gives me the empty aluminium tubes :) ) .... it's a little rough but cost about 60 pence so i'm happy. spent today making name plates on acetate .... .......!

next a bit of textured MS and some basic rocks/rubble.

[IMG]

and here's a teaser of my next one :) spent alot of last week carving plastic... still a couple of sessions left to finesse the webbing but it's almost ready. i have done some in-depth SBS's on the alterations to this figure;)

[IMG]
  20. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work! And the next subject should be really cool also. Congrats on the completion