1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Display Domes

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by jasonballamy, Apr 18, 2004.

1. jasonballamy Member

I have just finished a commision of a Le Cimier Ploish Lancer Trumpeter which the client wants to have in his office. I am looking for a UK source for a glass or acrylic dome 11-12" high x 6" diameter to keep the dust off.

I have tried Wiremill Designs but theirs are too small, Craft supplier do an 8" dia at a good price but would prefer the 6"

Here's a pic of the finished figure, any comments welcome.

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v156/j...olishLancer.jpg

Jason
  2. johnbrewer New Member

Excellent looking figure Jason, I have tried ti paint the white models lancer trumpeter a few times now. So the work you have done on the flag and cords is very impressive.

as for the domes I cannot help. the only ones that I know off are from a catalogure which I have now lost, typical. Theyt were from a compnay which supplied loads of goods for wood turners. Perhaps a trip to the local craft shop might help?.

Sorry I could not help more.
  3. jasonballamy Member

Hi John

Thanks for your comments re the finished figure.

It sounds like the catalogue you had was from Craft Supplies that I mentioned above as they mostly do things for wood turning, they also sometimes advertise in Mil Mod.

Jason