1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm! Battle of the Bulge, 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by LVM, Aug 15, 2013.

1. LVM Active Member

Belgium
    Hi everybody,

I present you my new project. It depicts a german solider during the battle of the Bulge, in 1944. The figure is an Alpine one. I recommend it to everybody who interest to the subject (and even those who are not ...) because the sculpt is simple awesome. It is a real pleasure to pain such a figure :joyful:

Till now I've painted the head, the helmet and the jacket. I just have to finish the back of the "braces" not the good word sorry :sorry:)

All comments and critics are welcome!

Laurent

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    T50 likes this.
  2. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Laurent,

You most definitely have a skill, the tones and shading on the jacket are very nice indeed! well done. .. However, others may correct me on this, but I feel there is a much more work required on the face, more so the eyes which seem to be a little misaligned, and from what I can see, ..black dots! ... Eyes, are a very difficult element to master,.. I myself am still struggling with this aspect! they can be really frustrating, although if concentrated on, they will improve the visual aspect of any figure ten-fold! ... other than that a bloody good start!.

Regards,

Mark
  3. LVM Active Member

Belgium
    Thank you very much Mark :happy: As regards with the eyes, they are not black dots. I've made the iris in green but the pictures have soften the contrasts of the face. However, you are totally right. They are misaligned and the face can be improved ... (it should be more contrasted imo). However, I do not have anymore the color I used to paint it and I dislike to alter faces. I had so many bad experience with that in the past. So I will (unfortunately) keep the face like that but for the next figure I will really try to improve that aspect!

Laurent
  4. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  5. LVM Active Member

Belgium
    Perhaps still trickier than eyes :depressed:

Thank you for commenting Mark :)

Laurent
    Tubby-Nuts2 likes this.
  6. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    However!.. remember that your work on the leathers, and cloth work are very impressive ! very nice tones!

Mark
  7. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good so far. Nice blending work on the jacket.
  8. LVM Active Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Here are some progress. The figure is now nearly completed. There is just the rifle and the shoes which are not painted. I will probably do that tomorrow. Unfortunately, the groundwork has to wait a bit because I have actually no base.

I have to admit that I'm pretty happy with the results even though I think I can do better for the eyes (and the head). As I said below, it is a real pleasure to paint a so well sculpted figure.

All comments and critics are welcome :)

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Laurent
  9. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom