1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Did anyone else love this set in the early days

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by MrBMB, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Unbelievably, Marcway on Attercliffe Road is still there. They used to have an second shop off the bottom of the Moor, but that closed years ago.

I remember Zing Va as well, back when Chinese restaurants were considered "exotic" :LOL: .

- Steve
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  2. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I started figures after I was given one by the owner of (no longer there) The Bedworth Model and Art Supplies shop when I were a lad, I then went through pretty much all of the Airfix 54mm and 1/32 multipose sets
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  3. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom

It all went wrong when it turned into a 'Model Zone' and basically became an overpriced toy shop.

But don't diss the Topkapi Kebab House! They make their own sauce, which is excellent. It's next door anyway. ;)
    Babelfish and Chris Oldfield like this.
  4. Kevin Gibbons Active Member

Loved the old Tamiya kits when I was a kid
    Jed likes this.
  5. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    If you went round the corner from Attercliffe Road after Marcways, there was a bridge over the River Don, & I always remember the river was bright orange there because of all the chemicals from the steelworks which were being pumped into it! Bet it isn't that colour any more though.....
    Jed likes this.
  6. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hers an Airfix one in my stash image.jpeg image.jpeg