1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Detail from The Roll Call, (Bust)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Wings5797, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    A very nice figure. I do admire Moz's work, they paint up easily and look great.
    Enjoy it Pete.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Keith ,

It OK I have found my page boy outfit .....thats lucky

Congrats to you both

Nap
    Wings5797 likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Keith ,

I was that excited I double posted

Nap (2 x 2nd hand wedding rings available!!!!)
    Wings5797 and prhayes68 like this.
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Keith,
    Sorry for the late reply mate, firstly a huge congratulations to you both:). I hope you and your Roll Call bust are very happy:ROFLMAO::LOL:;)...oops I'm mean you and your good lady(y) have a great day mate and you are never too old:rolleyes: .

The finished piece primed up is just great mate, I really like what you have achieved and I know how much you have put into this. It is unique and full of character and I can't wait to see him come to life with some colour.
    cheers
    Richie
    Wings5797 and napoleonpeart like this.
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Nap,
    Seems like there is another appropriate quote knocking about from a Bridge Too Far!

Have you ever been liberated before? ... I got divorced twice, does that count? Yes, that counts.;)
    cheers
    Richie
    napoleonpeart and Wings5797 like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Richie ,

Without hi jacking Keiths great WIP post ...also twice liberated now in chains again ..hope Mrs Nap doesn't see this !!!! ...lovely woman she is ..very understanding on the modelling front!!!

Nap
    Wings5797 likes this.
  7. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Good to hear from you Chaps
    I am sure that you both have "model" wives.:D
    Thanks for your kind wishes chaps, Nap, polish your shoes and press your page boy suit your in.
    Oh and please bring the rings with you......I am having a couple made in France but they were not finished when I left for the UK last night and the way things go I doubt that tey will be here for the wedding.

Cheers,
    Keith
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Keith ,

Fear not all will be well mate , no rings not a problem ...Magi-sculpt is the answer ...primed,painted and varnished ...there you go .

Having probs bending over in the outfit though ...fear of ripping the seams ...but boy do I look cute !!!!

Hello to the future Mrs Wings5797 if she see's this !!!

Nap
    Wings5797 likes this.
  9. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Kevin,
    She is an avid fan of yours, always posting about you on Facebook and talking about starting a fan club. I was a little worried about the the proposed name though, "The Nappy Club".
    Geraldine (Gerrie) sends you her regards.
    All the best Mate,
    Keith
  10. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Late on this one. Congrats to you Keith. Hope your life changing event turns out life enhancing for both of you. If you are going to use magic sculpt rings, really show off and paint them NMM.

BTW - your finished bust is terrific....everything a bust should be.....and it may please you that the first thing I looked at on opening this was how well his hands are done.

Cheers

Colin
    Wings5797 likes this.
  11. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Many thanks Colin,
    Praise indeed from a scuplptor who's work I aspire to. I'm very pleased that you commented on the hands, they are a weakness that I need to improve on by loads of practice.
    As for NMM painted MS rings.....I just wish that I had thought of it before I left home for the UK. Would have saved me a packet;).
    All the best
    Keith
    crf likes this.
  12. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I have finally managed to find a couple of hours to splash a few colours (oils) on this piece... A long way to go with this face, a bit of a bugger to maintain the expression I am trying for.
    Still it's start, see what you think Guys.
    Cheers
    Keith

Attached Files:

13. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Looking good there Keith, good work mate(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
    Wings5797 likes this.
  14. Helm A Fixture

England
    I think you are doing well in capturing the expression one of the hardest parts of a face IMO
    Steve
    Wings5797 likes this.
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    He's coming along nicely Keith.

Roger.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  16. swralph A Fixture

looks good
    Wings5797 likes this.
  17. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Looks good to me, Keith. He's got a wistful look in his eye. Contemplating friends lost at Inkerman perhaps.

Pete
    Wings5797 likes this.
  18. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hello Guys,
    Many thanks for such encouraging comments. It is always good to hear from the members at pF, this is the best way for me to meter how I am doing with my sculpting and painting efforts to achieve something that looks a little like a figure.
    I’m looking forward to the next phases to complete the face so that work on the uniform and head gear can be started.
    Thank you all for looking in Chaps and all the very best,
    Keith
  19. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Keith,
    For a quick splash mate that is looking very good already. I know you will put a lot more into the face and look forward to seeing him develop.(y):)
    cheers
    Richie
  20. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Jim,
    Always good to hear from you Mate.
    Thank you for your kind comments. It’s good for me to know that you are keeping an eye on my development in the sculpting front.
    All the very best.

Hey Steve,
    You are right on the money. I thought that the emotion was in the sculpt but I am surprised to find that the paint has just as much a part to play.
    Cheers for looking in Mate.

Hello Pete,
    Thanks again for your help with the research for this figure, you can see that the blue collar base cote on the greatcoat is laid down. I think that it will add a bit more interest to the figure.
    Thanks for your positive words and I hope that it does justice to your fine input.
    Hi Richie,
    I hope all is well with you Mate.
    It has and is a bit hectic for us at the moment so a quick splash was as much as I could fit in. I hope to hit some flat ground post 16th Dec, promised Geraldine a Honeymoon. I must say she has earned a break.
    As always I value your opinion on my stuff and am please that you like it so far.
    Thanks for checking it Richie out speak soon.

Best wishes to one and all,
    Keith