1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Detail from The Roll Call, (Bust)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Wings5797, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Kevin,

Being a Royal Artillery buff I thought that you would know Ubiquitous, as in Ubique Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt, that is; 'everywhere where right and glory lead'.
    That’s enough Latin for one evening.

Thanks for your continued help and positive comments Mate, they are both very much appreciated.
    Just a little bit of putty pushing and the brushes will be out.

All the very best Kevin,
    Keith
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Guys,
    I think that this piece is ready for the paint shop.......finally.
    A couple of modifications from thr last photos. The most notable, on good advice from John Ballard, I have closed the fronts of the cape futher around the greatcoat. Again thank you to everyone who visited this thread. A special thanks to all who offered support and helped with research and sculpting advice.
    When I start the painting, in around six weeks time, due to a life changing event, I will kick off a new thread.
    I hope that you like this effort.
    All the best,
    Keith

IMG_6556.JPG IMG_6558.JPG IMG_6559.JPG
    Richie, mil-mart, prhayes68 and 2 others like this.
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks very nice Keith very good job mate. I hope the life changing event is a good one.
    Steve
    Wings5797 likes this.
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Great sculpting Keith... now get to work with the brushes. ;)

Roger.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  5. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    He's coming on Keith, looking good
    Cheers
    Jim
    Wings5797 likes this.
  6. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Many thank Guys,

It’s always good to hear from the stalwarts of pF and their valued opinions.
    I am quietly pleased with this piece although it was a long time in the making. It started out and still is an exercise in sculpting hands in readiness for other projects that are stored in the little grey cells.
    I am always humbled by your kind comments and thank you for looking in.
    All the very best,
    Keith
    Oh yes Steve,
    The life changing event could go either way, I will let you decide. At a ridiculous age I am getting hitched.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Congratulations keith, I hope your good lady is aware this bust needs painting and we're all waiting.

Roger.
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Are you mad Keith? :) err good luck I mean
    Steve
  9. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    It's quite possible Steve.
    Thank you Mate.
    Keith
  10. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Thank you Roger,
    Unfortunately She does know and how long it should take to sculpt and paint.
    Not only that She is a harsher critic than any on pF.
    Are there any jobs going on the North Sea Mate
    Cheers,
    Keith
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I would've thought so.... does she get sea sick? :D
    Wings5797 likes this.
  12. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Is it coming out commercially? Great looking bust.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  13. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Rob,
    Thanks for your kind words Mate.
    It is not going to be a commercial project but if anyone is interested in it painted or as you see it here, who knows.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  14. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Mmmm I never thought of it that way Roger. As they say all the nice girls love a sailor. Or was it all sailors love a nice girl or any girl for that matter?
    You'r a very naughty boy Mate.;)
    Cheers,
    Keith
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Correct on all counts. (y)
    Wings5797 likes this.
  16. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Keith,

The final piece looks really impressive. I can't wait to see it painted. Good luck with the approaching nuptials. I'm glad your wife-to-be understands about this hobby of ours. My wife is pretty understanding but I don't think she quite fully understands why I spend so many hours in the basement tinkering with "toy soldiers."

Pete
    Wings5797 likes this.
  17. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Pete,
    As a big part of the team helping me to arrive at this stage, I am really pleased that you like it. I cannot thank you enough for your help and support for this project.
    Thank you for your best wishes for the wedding and there after. I understand the "toy soldier" parody I am sure that one day you will find the piece of your work that the good lady will find facinating and turn right around.
    At a rough guess I think your stash will involve a Guardsman or two? I hope that you will share some of your work with me. If you ever need any help I am only a PM or Email away.
    Thanks again Pete.
    Speak soon,
    Keith
  18. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Just one or two Guardsmen :) Although I've broken out erratically at the moment and I'm working on a Crimean Scots Grey :)

Pete
  19. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    A nice subject Pete ,
    I really like the Heavy Brigade figures and with lots of photographs available you can get some nice touches into your figures.
    Is he mounted?
    Cheers,
    Keith
  20. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Not mounted. He's the CGS 75mm figure recently released by Gra. A very nice sculpt by Moz Correy. I've got a bit held up because real life intervened but I hope to get back to him soon.

Pete