1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Der Abscheid

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Feb 12, 2009.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Der Abschied

Here a couple of photo's of a project I'm working on between painting 30mm flats.... these are huge at 54mm, much easier on the eyes :)

Roger

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Roger,
    At the moment i'm working in anthor hospital where i have only a black and white screen (for X rays). I must admit that when looking in B&W it seems old glass pictures. Looks great.
    Gonna look this evening in color.

Marc
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Lovely pieces Roger, very emotional.

You've made a great start and I'm looking forward to seeing how they will look when finished
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Marc, Cheers, I'll remember to take some B/W & sepia photo's when they are finished.

Roger.

PS Get back to work :D
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    wow this is really impressive set and your start is brilliant !!! will be waiting for more

Costas
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Tony. These are the type of figures that as soon as I saw them I wanted to paint them. Initially I thought they were WWI Germans but it turned out they are from 1870-71.

Roger
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Progress so far;

Roger.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    These I like a lot Roger!

And I actually checked your recent posting as I think you have improved much. Keep up with that style, I like it.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Janne, your comments are much appreciated. :)

Roger.
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Yes, Roger,
    I like the colored version to.

Marc
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    :) Thanks Marc. You're home from work then? :D

Roger.
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Roger,
    Your best work yet and it is not even finished. This will turn out great.
    Cheers
    John
  14. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Impressed by what you have dome so far, and for a "flat" figure, even more so.

Like how you are getting the shadows and highlights so far.

Der Abscheid = the farewell?

Cheers
  15. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Regardless of which war they happen to be depicting, the scenes are really evocative and emotional. Wow! What a find, Roger! Looking forward to your completed work!

Would you like me to exhibit these in Chicago at the MMSI this fall? I think they'd do quite well as a little trio. You might also consider having someone take them to one of the European shows.

All the best,
    Dan
  16. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Not "Der Abscheid" Better "Der Abschied" = "the farewell"

Dan. No problem. Roger has just sent the flats to me and I will take them to the show "Duke of Bavaria" and then put them in my cabinet :D

Looks great so far, only the black overcoat of the man needs some blending between the dark and lighter colours I think

Ulrich
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Yes, it's Der Abschied my error I apologise. I would've probably spelt The Farewell wrong too :D My head and fingers don't always work in co ordination on a keyboard:)

Dan, I think we could arrange for the finished article to make a trip to Chicago, I'd like that. If I can arrange for them to be released from Ulrich's cabinet:D

Ulrich, I agree about the older blokes jacket I'll sort that out, it's been bothering me too.

Roger
  18. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful flats!!!
    christos
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Christos :)

Roger.
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Last nights progress;