1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Delerium tremens

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by gforceman, Jun 26, 2018.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Ulfogor has always been what people call a "lowlife", he never had a roof above his head and the food he needed to keep on living was found in garbage bins, the sewer, he became quite good in catching and cooking rats, or he stole it. But yesterday, yesterday his luck changed. Among some rubble he hound this nice massive golden spoon. His own nice shinny thingy. Should he sell it, he could get loads of money, but this hasn't even crossed his mind. Afterall, what would he do with all that money? Buying an house? That brings only trouble as you have to keep the place tidy. Should he buy food with it he would probably eat himself to death. And clothes? What good are those with a face like his, the ladies would still not show any interest in him. And all these things he could find for free. No, Ulfogor will keep this spoon as a trophy and use it everyday! This way he won't have to eat with his bare hands like an animal. Yesterday he used it for the first time. The touch of gold to his lips! Even better then the rest of chicken soup he found behind the inn.
    Today, he does feel kind of strange. Everything spins, like the world is turning way too fast. His head hurts, and now he starts to see little pink elephants. Just like to on his favourite beer : delerium tremens. But he hasn't been able to drink this for at least four days. He thought what else it could be, but all he ate since yesterday evening was the chicken soup. And that tasted alright. Little did he know his shinny thingy was cursed ...

Hi all,

Here is the 1/10th resin bust which I have called Delerium Tremens. Delerium Tremens is a quite strong beer over here in Belgium where I live and I believe it's quite popular. One doesn't need to drink a lot of it to get drunk, so I have heard. The logo of this beer is a pink elephant, what people start to say if they drink too much of it, so I have heard. I have tried to paint a piece of the logo on his patch that is sewn on his headgear. Hench the name, plus the fact that one might think he's already on the good way to getting drunk, really, really drunk.
    My favourite mediums were once again used to give some colour to this bust : acrylics, inks and pigments.

I had an absolutely great time painting this bust, especially as this little story started to tell itself in my head.

Thank you very much for watching the pics, and ready my rumblings, and you know I would love to hear what you all think of it.

Gino
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Beautifully painted Gino and a great little story to go with it. As soon as I saw the title I thought of that particular powerful Belgian brew. (y):wacky:
  3. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Thanks Billy. So the beer is famous across the borders! :hungover:
    billyturnip likes this.
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It certainly is but at a price in the UK stops the modern day Ulfogor's drinking it, only connoisseuers of quality Belgian beer . :D
  5. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Very nice and nice paintwork

Mobo
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice tones in the colours. Also a great story.
    Cheers
    John
  7. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Brilliant character
  8. Ronaldo A Fixture

great stuff warts and all:)
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I really like this one, as I like that Beer :)

Marc
    billyturnip likes this.