1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dedicated to all figure producers - Most wanted figures for 2015

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Blue Thunder, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

Quite right Mark, that's it. Ray the "Agile"
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    O
    Oi !!!!
    it was me telling lies about you being agile and young !!
    looking for browinie points before sunday .
    I shall now add the phrase
    Haha
    Paul
  3. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

Agile MIND Paul, Ray
  4. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom

LoL.......and nimble brush fingers eh

Haha paul
  5. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    I'm glad this discussion is still going. When I think about it I wanna see more 75mm mounted figs. With the soaring price of figs, that seems like a proper alternative to the 90mm's. I love them but wow..... $$$ :cry:
  6. Indy Member

United-States
    Mordred from Excalibur. excalibur-1981-15-g.jpg
    Babelfish likes this.
  7. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Some well-researched Japanese busts from Young might be nice, as would some 75mm figures of the Japanese army post-Tokugawa. One can only dream, no?
    elanlane13 likes this.
  8. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Here's a duo I would love someone to materialize in 75mm: Cousins (yes Cousins) King George V of England and Kaiser Wilhelm II of Deutschland:

[IMG]

Keep giving suggestions! There are memorable inspirations here! I need to take some time to compile them all
  9. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal

Paul, I am sorry - the thread went so fast I never saw your message! :X3: Dang!

The 369th Infantry Regiment, known as the "Harlem Hellfighters" is another of the many lost battalions still not kitted in any form.

Unfortunately racism and segregation are part of the history of mankind. Even in the second world war, the Tuskegee Airman were subjected to segregation and medal of Honor receiver Doris Miller was a cooker assistant because secondary tasks were given to enlisted black man.

Back in World War I things were similar or worst: As strange as it appears today, an African American who wished to fight in Great War had to offer his services to Canadian or French troops! They could not enlist the American Army.

So, to avoid this, the US formed the 369th. A regiment strictly for African Americans or African Puerto Ricans.

They had a remarkable success in France, being named "Men of Bronze".

Here's an illustration showing them in action at the ending months of a war that until end August no one could predict who would win.

[IMG]

They never loose a trench, they never left no one behind. It's true to say the Harlem Hellfighters showed the American People how important and valuable African Americans could be in the military forces.
    napoleonpeart, Tubby-Nuts2 and peedee like this.
  10. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mate I am so pleased you were able to get back to this and let us know more.
    Thanks for sharing!

Needless to say we've all been talkinhg about yout forgetfulness.

I don't care what the others said about you...

I still think you're an ok Bloke !

Hahahahahahha
    P
    Blue Thunder likes this.
  11. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Cool! :)

Glad you liked it! Let's hope great Carl can tackle this subject to place these long forgotten chaps close to his monumental bust of the 54th Massachusetts (y) (please Carl, do the 369th wearing the Adrian Helmet as an option too!!!)
    napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  12. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Blue!

Another little 'Snippet', of history that should be brought back to life! Thanks for highlighting it.(y)

It also reminded me of the, '442nd (Combat Team) in WW2 ... Yet another barely remembered 'Snippet', of history and segregation. :(

Regards,

Mark
    Blue Thunder likes this.
  13. red tom Active Member

United-Kingdom
  14. red tom Active Member

United-Kingdom
    You could also add the other cousin Tsar Nikolas 11 in his German uniform
  15. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Or from the same period...

Father and son.

Tsar%20Nicholas%20ll%20and%20children%20with%20Cossack%20Officers.jpg

Regards Paul
    napoleonpeart and Blue Thunder like this.
  16. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Paul's idea is great too! :)

Tom, are you referring to the Makovsky painting?

[IMG]

A great idea too! This one would be the perfect piece to join his cousins and complete the trilogy! :)

(Hear hear Darren, these three kings would be killers in your range!(y) )
    elanlane13 likes this.
  17. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom

If a certain Company (Mini-art), ever gets round to producing what they've had flagged
    for production for over 18months you could build them tomorrow!

http://www.miniart-models.com/
    Select Catalogue, scroll down to 1/16th
    And look for items 16020 and 16022
    Cheers
    Paul
    red tom likes this.
  18. red tom Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Blue thunder, No that is a Russian uniform. The one I was thinking of was the 1st Westphalian Hussars, a nice lightish brown with gold lace.
    peedee likes this.
  19. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Roger that! Tzar Nicholaus II may have wore one different uniform per day in his white palace .

Would be tough to choose just one single uniform to represent the man. :)
    peedee likes this.
  20. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Here's a German still not done (see, even the impossible is found here! :) an unmade German! How on earth can that be!!!)

And a German that for sure would break the internet even more than Kim XXXXLKardashian on paper magazine if a bust of she was created... here's Captain Ilse Hirsch of the Wolverines, still unmade in any scale:

[IMG]