1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Decals

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Dolf, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Hi!

I know that many here don't use decals, especially those focused on busts and/or larger scale figures.
    Anyway, no harm asking I guess.

I'm looking for 1/32 scale decals for one particular aircraft, this one:

me 109 luftwaffe africa werner schroer.jpg

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

This aircraft was piloted by Werner Schroer, while he was stationed in North Africa, in 1941-42.

Now, the exact decals for this particular aircradt exist on a Tamiya kit, but on 1/48 scale.

I do have the Hasegawa 1/32 scale Me 109E, which I want to depict as the Me 109E-4/Trop flown by Schroer.

I've done a lot of research online, looking for a lot of Decals manufacturers, so far with no results.

Would anyone here know of some manufacturer who might have these decals on a 1/32 scale?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

Dolf
  2. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Dolf!Try the German Company Peddinghaus.I think,he can do all decals someone wanted to have individually.Especially for such prominent pilots.
    Dolf and Nap like this.
  3. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot.

Have been researching on their site for quite some time now.

I think I may have found one decal set with the insignia for different German units (hence for the JG 57, the one showing the yellow tiger symbol, to which Schroer was attached while flying this particular aircraft), as well as other sets for some aircraft flown by other German Aces, but not for this particular aircraft, the Black 8, flown by Werner Schroer :(

I'll contact them anyway, as I found other stuff there that I'm interested in (y)

Cheers!

Dolf
  4. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal

So I contacted them this afternoon and already got a reply. And yes, you're right, they don't have the specific decals for my particular aircraft, but they state that they can do them for me ;)
    Waiting for the follow-up on the emails exchange, so I can know how much that will cost. If a fair price, I guess I have, thanks to your help, found a solution for my technical problem. Maybe I can even also order an American flag, 1/16 scale, for my US Navy Pilot that I'm starting building soon (y)

Again many thanks!

Cheers!

Dolf